Increase Time For Player Drops From Death To Remain

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

by MrMagooAZ » over 4 years ago
I think the time for player drops to despawn should be increased.  5 mins really isn't enough time in many situations. 

I think the time should be 30 mins.  Maybe 15.  But certainly more than 5.

I also think this should ONLY be for items dropped on death.  Other items (drops from mining, trees, etc.) should still despawn after 5 mins.

RE: Increase Time For Player Drops From Death To Remain

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 4 years ago
That's an interesting idea MrMagoo! 5 min is the vanilla Minecraft default for all items, so it would be a change that potentially makes survial easier if you're looking at from a purist standpoint, but I'm just talking out loud here. Do you have thoughts on a way to balance that out maybe you lose all xp after a certain amount of minutes? Or some items start despawning but not all?

diamond.png x 1

Lunelit
Guardian

7 topics
12 posts

by Lunelit » over 4 years ago
Some of us have had our items vanish in under that time so I definitely agree it should be Increased in some way but a way to balance it is if you take so many minutes maybe 1 or 2 items will despawn and maybe a timer could be put in a command that lets you know how much time you have left but Id imagine that wouldnt exactly be easy to do but im not a code person... idk i thought of this in like 30s so not very thought through and by hard to do I mean the command but who knows maybe the timer increase is difficult

Last edited: over 4 years ago

ZormaxOrion
Pathfinder

5 topics
15 posts

by ZormaxOrion » over 4 years ago
agreed, its like a time attack trying to get my stuff back

pwnyy
Ancient

8 topics
21 posts

by pwnyy » over 4 years ago
The current thing is, IF the chunks are loaded the timer continues otherwise the timer of despawning just simply stops. Most often the people that died are not aware that the timer actually was over 5 minutes thus the items despawned, that's just the general case tho!
I can see it being useful to set the timer a bit higher, for when people are exploring with elytra for example and they can't get back as fast as they wanted to and maybe someone is building in that area and loads the chunks :/

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 4 years ago
No risk, no reward! =]

_KS0_
Elder

6 topics
12 posts

by _KS0_ » over 4 years ago
Personally, I would say keep this in as part of the game. Or make a game change where after 5 minutes, items randomly despawn every minute. However, even with a seemingly small change like this, people are expecting a vanilla server and that is a fundamental rule of survival that most are used to. It would probably benefit a few, confuse many and likely not be worth it as a whole.

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account