chest claim message

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

by _Swagg_ » over 4 years ago
I noticed that every time you place a chest outside a claim a big message gets spammed into chat which takes up half your screen when you are making a storage....
Maybe we can reduce this, like when every 10th or 15th chest is placed it would pop up once. Or maybe just do it for low rank players up till lightfoot because higher rank players with mostly alot of playtime already know this so they dont need that extra info or reminder.

How does this idea keep in line with Wildercraft themes? (Wilderstyle, Power has trade-offs, survival gameplay has consequences)
It doesnt really have consequences for anybody since new players will still be reminded of it and higher rank players know this for a while already.
How difficult is your idea to implement? (1-10)
3/10

picture of spam:

RE: chest claim message

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

by MrMagooAZ » over 4 years ago
Does it really write that message 9 times?  Or did you make it do that for added impact?

I know it sends me a message the first few times I put a chest or a torch down, but after that it stops.  I'm not sure how many times it does that.

Also, you know that you can change the text size and the size of the text box in your options?  I'm just trying to point out there are other ways to deal with this issue.  Personally, I don't think a 2-sentence warning is out of hand.

Yacob1
Guardian

19 topics
63 posts

by Yacob1 » over 4 years ago
It sends a message anytime the area is not claimed, so if you are putting down tons of chest in an unclaimed area it gets very annoying. It would be nice if the messages could get decreased.

diamond.png x 1

WolfNations
Treant

4 topics
16 posts

by WolfNations » over 4 years ago
Yeah it's rather annoying to have those messages covering up your entire screen, makes it so hard building storages in unclaimed areas...

Olghar
Ancient

12 topics
24 posts

by Olghar » over 4 years ago
There is also a message when placing blocks on the boarder of a claim that pops out every time.

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

@mrMangooAZ yes it does that every time you place a single chest so if you are making a storage which is not claimed it gets very annoying and very easy to skip over a player's message in chat. Making the chat box smaller is also not an option since normal chat gets harder to read then.
I think it's a bit unnecessary for long time players because they already know about this for a while. It's the same with pistons you also get a very annoying message every time you place one in an unclaimed area.

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 4 years ago
It can be annoying, yes, but id rather have it spam me than me not knowing that anyone can get into my chests and steal from me.
In worst case you can always claim the area youre putting your cests down in and then unclaim it if you dont want them protected.
Im a Pathfinder and despite covering my entire area with claims i still have plenty of blocks left in my claimlist.

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

@MrTrixer On expanse you can get max 5k claimblocks which I only use to claim farms when needed so none of my chests are claimed...
Thats what I said, People who are a high mostly know this feature for a while so maybe keep it for lower ranks or have it so you can turn it off manually because its very annyoing when builing a storage or just placing a bunch of chests.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account