Changes for Season 6?

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 4 years ago
What things bug you about Season 5 that you'd like to see changed for Season 6?
- Changes to WilderTools
- New vote rewards
- Fixing game balance issues
- Fixing WilderCraft balance issues
- New survival-friendly mini-games
- Changes that make the game harder but more fun

Let's hear your ideas!

RE: Changes for Season 6?

Qaladien2
Elder

11 topics
19 posts

by Qaladien2 » over 4 years ago
- /farms
-- 25 animals per chunk should be fine - imagine 50 villagers in the same cunk for an iron farm
-- Can we get some better guidelines on drowned farms?
-- Iron farm needs a larger collection area if it doubles as XP due to mob size

WilderTools
- Cornucopia felt OP a tad for repair

Teleport
- Firecharge + 4 obsidian + blaze rods is a tad expensive
- Item in inventory versus having equipped - in inventory felt better, but depends on mod i guess

Shops
- Would be nice if there are any mods to actually search what is on sale currently and by whom
- in the shopping district, if a shop is inactive for 60 days - might be nice to kill those? LOTS of dead shops - no clue on perfect solution on how to address - drop the stuff at their house via command?

Events
- Egg hunt was excellent
- Fishing was also excellent

diamond.png x 2

daisysolo
Ancient

25 topics
60 posts

by daisysolo » over 4 years ago
To respond to the shops inquiry- staff actually checks constantly to see if a shop is inactive and there are shops being taken down everyday due to inactivity!! 

CAMx_
Ancient

6 topics
9 posts

by CAMx_ » over 4 years ago
Since Expanse has a lower player count I would like to suggest a slight increase in the render distance. Also more rules posted somewhere about end boss spawning.

007Alex
Ancient

1 topics
5 posts

by 007Alex » over 4 years ago
-/farms
--I agree that the villager cap could be reduced to 25 or 30, but I just feel that way towards villager ESPECIALLY with the 1.14 changes and how much processing power it will take to calculate the workstations/beds and stuff constantly.
--I think it should be 50 cow/sheep/pig/chicken ect. combined rather than cap for each.

-Wildertools
--Wildercopia is massively overpowered at Fortune 5. Fortune 3 should be max.
--Wilderfork/Wildertrident would be nice addition, perhaps they should come with riptide/loyalty pre-enchanted to avoid people throwing them and losing, then complaining, as its only a 1 min timer for thrown tridents despawning.  

-Minigames
--The Pit.  Face a never ending horde of monsters in an arena.  Similar to a village raid but a prebuilt arena with no building ability for the player.   Start light with a couple of zombie's or something then next wave and so on towards waves with ravagers/evokers/vindicators/pillagers/creepers/enderman.  Think of super raid without the ability to just cheese with some magma block/wither rose wall.  Eventually have the waves include Wither(s).  Perhaps 100 waves in place of never ending if wave 100 is like 3 withers, 10 evokers, 6 Ravagers ect..  However an issue I see already is the wither targeting the evoker instead of player.. so maybe undead specific waves for anything with a wither in it.   Maybe first wave is just cows or non combatant.   Loot such as enchantment books/gear would drop from mobs. Maybe a bonus roll at wave completion.  Start with nothing.

Edit:
No difficulty for the pit just regular old hard difficulty minecraft but the reward is based on progress with dying on wave 12 or something not necessarily a fail so as to feel like you win every time atleast a bit.

Last edited: over 4 years ago diamond.png x 1

Qaladien2
Elder

11 topics
19 posts

by Qaladien2 » over 4 years ago
re shops - can we add a background batch file that runs the check for acttivity / last login?

diamond.png x 1

gplayer5
Ancient

6 topics
43 posts

by gplayer5 » over 4 years ago
I agree with Qaladien's original post:

Teleport
- Firecharge + 4 obsidian + blaze rods is a tad expensive

The main concern is the Fircharge. Since the spawn rate is so low, making creeper farms to output enough gunpowder is not very viable. The obsidian can be mined at the end when it resets for Dragon fight. Blaze rods can be obtained once you have a blaze farm going. Maybe switch it out for another mob item (rotten flesh, bones, string, spider eyes, etc.)?

Mob Spawning
- Slightly increase the mob spawn of the server to make mob farms more viable

As mentioned above, since there's a lot of people on, it would be nice to increase the mob spawn cap to make mob farms more viable. It also makes the game more challenging. Sometimes you can go 15~20min straight without even seeing a single hostile mob. Depending on the custom code, you could even implement a dynamic cap that goes up or down depending on the number of players currently logged in.

Shops
- Micromanagement of permissions on individual chests would be nice

I currently play with a friend on this server and we share all of our resources. As such we also help each other out with our shops.  It would be nice if I could configure permissions to allow him to fill up my chest to keep shops stocked and vise versa. Currently, once someone places a chest with an item frame, only the person who placed the item frame can modify the items within the chest. Individual permissions to modify this per chest would be nice.

CloudKingTV
Dryad

6 topics
10 posts

by CloudKingTV » over 4 years ago
To be fair the hostile mob spawns on the Season 6 beta are out of this world. You go down some stairs... Creeper, go outside your door... Creeper, go into a cave... Creeper. They be everywhere. The fire charge is viable right now. Once more people are on, maybe a good idea.

diamond.png x 1

gplayer5
Ancient

6 topics
43 posts

by gplayer5 » over 4 years ago
Awesome! That sounds amazing. If creepers are already that prevelant in the beta, then my concern with the recipie can be ignored. Thanks for confirming this. thumbsup

Chizzerd
Colossal

1 topics
3 posts

by Chizzerd » over 4 years ago
I would like to see some changes to the shopping system. 
- A option to expand your shop. In my idea it would cost you diamonds to pay to the server itself. The diamonds costs go down for whatever rank you have. Potentially also a 50% off on the store as a special item. These diamonds wouldn't just dissapear. That would make the economy drop. These diamonds would go into a pot that would be re-distributed through voting rewards and mainly donations/rank upgrades bought with real money as a bonus reward. Could also be rewarded through a weekly giveaway. Or even a lottery.

Expanding your shop could mean a better shop location. A bigger plot to build your shop/higher height limit, more sign shops. Or even an advertisement at spawn. Or potentially an extra shop.
You guys would have to make it balanced. Maybe a beta version to try it out. But I trust this team to make it work!
It would be fun and adds some depth to the shopping systems. It is a big update so maybe wait for next season. 

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account