Spawn Egg Donations- Respond to this post with your opinions!

Shelbyy__
Guardian

14 topics
19 posts

by Shelbyy__ » over 3 years ago
Hey all! Treasury team is looking to changing the donation prices for spawn eggs and adding in a couple~ We wanna know what you think!
Hostile mob eggs cost 15 dollars, while non-hostile cost 10. Based on Yacob1's forum post, our idea is to instead make non-useful eggs cost 10 and useful eggs 15. (For example, polar bears, wolf, and parrot will cost 10. Cows, skeletons, and tropical fish will cost 15)
We also would like to look into adding more single spawn eggs! Things like: shulkers, dolpins, bats and turtles. If you have any more ideas for single spawn eggs reply to this post with them.

As well as, respond to this post and let us know if you want to see this implimented. Should we change the donation prices or keep them the same?

diamond.png x 1

RE: Spawn Egg Donations- Respond to this post with your opinions!

ML_Paladin
Ancient
Ancient

13 topics
40 posts

by ML_Paladin » over 3 years ago
I like this general concept although my personal adjustments would be that a tropical fish would group into the non useful and a bat egg would be usable on a spawner. 

diamond.png x 1

gplayer5
Ancient

6 topics
43 posts

by gplayer5 » over 3 years ago
I think bulk buying or "egg packs" would be an interesting idea. For example, you could make it cheaper overall to buy 3~5 eggs all at once instead of each one individually. 

"Egg Packs" could include certain eggs but with a theme. For example the "Farmer's essential egg pack" could include the Blaze, skeleton, and guardian eggs for those who focus on building farms. The "Meat lover's pack" could include Pigs, Cows, and Polar Bears (for beef, pork chop, and fish farms). Same idea: the packs would be cheaper overall than buying the eggs separately.

This would be a good incentive for people to donate more and to allow them to get more out of their donations.

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 1

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 3 years ago
To add to gplayer's idea of bundles:

Iron Titan Bundle:
3x Villagers
1x Pillager

diamond.png x 1

lLOMlLO
Treant

27 topics
182 posts

by lLOMlLO » over 3 years ago
Remember when cow eggs were $5? :(

diamond.png x 3

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

by agentbbn » over 3 years ago
Ooo, idea for a pack would be “zoo starter kit” (spelled it wrong, but something like that), which would include a fox spawn egg, parrot spawn egg, cat spawn egg, tropical fish spawn egg, and a polar bear spawn egg. Now, the price? Maybe discount it, like, make this bundle 35 dollars, the “farmer’s essential egg pack” 30 dollars, and the “meat lover’s egg pack” 25 dollars, or 35, idk.

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

by agentbbn » over 3 years ago
Also, maybe each pack should come with a pig axe or two, so that you can get the spawners? Maybe sell pig axes by themselves?

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 3 years ago
I just don't think that eggs should be more than 5$ in general, we need to spend quite a lot of money to get spawners or pigaxes if we know the location of one already and considered that the eggs are a one-time use (excluding the option fo a spawner) I don't think that its worth it to be fair.

I know I know, the prices are kinda low and I shouldn't even be able to get a spawn egg to begin within a survival world, etc.
But that's how I honestly feel, we get seasonal resets as well where everything we spend money on disappears forever, the only time we get to keep the product is if we spend it on titles and that kind of hurts whenever I think that id like a spawner for my farm but I know that it will be wasted in the next reset.

I joined late in season 7 and yes, there is probably around 5-6 months, maybe even more until the next reset. But I'm just one of those people that don't like to waste my money that often, especially since I know that no matter what, it will be taken away from me sooner or later and I will get nothing back from it. :(

Sorry for my ramblings but I've been wanting to get this worry off of my chest for a while, this topic has been a worry for quite some time already..

*edit
My opinion is about the single eggs in the store, not the bundle options. ^^"

Last edited: over 3 years ago

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

by MrMagooAZ » over 3 years ago
How about an option for all eggs that includes the spawner?  
1 Spawner is $10
1 Egg is $10
1 Spawner + 1 Egg is $15?

Or something like that.  

As for buying mulitple eggs, can we not just give people an option to pick the egg combos they want?  

1 Egg is $10
3 Eggs Your Choice is $25

Or something like that.

However, the negative side effect could be that people pool resources to share egg packages for a discount. Something to consider. I would imagine the goal here is to increase sales, not reduce them.

I just don't know how many folks are buying multiple eggs. A quick analysis of the sales data should answer that question. Early on I saw some folks buying multiples for base setup.  I would imagine that most of the sales from here-on out are driven by folks who get a pigaxe as a reward or crate item and get an egg to go with it.

I would also suggest that we have some guidelines on spawner usage to make sure that folks use them appropriately and don't negatively impact server performance.

Muddle77
Fairy

0 topics
1 posts

by Muddle77 » over 3 years ago
I am one who also objects to spending $15-$25 for eggs/spawners and then lose what I've paid for every time there is a reset.  I think the price should be 1/3 of what it is, along with a clear statement on the purchase page stating the future loss of these items.

Last edited: over 3 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account