Shopping Improvement: Stacks for a Price

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
An issue I currently have with the shops is the limitations for pricing anything over 1 stack. For example, I would LOVE to sell wool at 4 stacks/diamond. But I can't. So instead, I have to link it to the price for Iron or something else, and then I also need to find someone to trade me diamonds for iron. That's not an easy task. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL IDEA BELOW

I would love to see some kind of format where you can sell more than a stack as a single price. Maybe a sign format like this:

$
<description>
<items>
<cost>

Where my example would look like this
$
<white wool="">
<4 Stacks>
<1 Diamonds>

(Side note, it's weird that Diamond isn't accepted for the price line.)

Currently, the only way I can do this is through manual trades while online, or through the use of shulkers (at which point I have to charge for the shulker). 

Why would this be enjoyable?
It improves the market capabilities and would allow for more standardized prices (through diamonds)

How does this improve the server?
It would help with promoting a stable economy by having a primary form of currency (diamonds) 

Complexity to Implement
Probably a 10. It would require possibly a change to the majority of how shops function. I don't know enough to gauge this fully, but I don't imagine this would be an easy task. </white></cost></items></description>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED IDEA:

Add a new item and recipe. Diamond Nuggets (name suggestions welcome). 1 Diamond <-> 9 Diamond Nuggets

This would allow for selling things at the cost of a partial diamond, without having to worry about exchange rates to other entities.

Same exact reasons, but now a LOT easier to implement.

Posted as a seperate thread here.

Last edited: over 4 years ago diamond.png x 2

RE: Shopping Improvement: Stacks for a Price

Zavarin
Ancient

1 topics
2 posts

by Zavarin » over 4 years ago
I think I would prefer the implementation of a currency  system it can be crafted out of diamonds that way diamonds can still be the stable source but it would be easier to implement then a multiple stack sales change like it can be 1 diamond with 8 cobble can make 8 Wilder coins and the recipe is reverseuble so 8 Wilder coins for one diamond.
​​​​​​

RE: Shopping Improvement: Stacks for a Price

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
I would agree. Maybe not another weird crafting recipe, but how about just a "Nugget" version of Diamonds in the same fashion of Iron and Gold? Then i could sell a stack of Wool for 2 Diamond Nuggets, which is essentially 4 stacks for a diamond.

Editing original post with this update.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account