Alternative PvP Option

JJ_G4M3R
Guardian

9 topics
9 posts

by JJ_G4M3R » over 4 years ago
After reading this post, and seeing that False saying that it won't be implemented, I came up with a new PvP idea. Rather than having the owners set certain PvP areas, we can have players be able to turn on PvP in their claims so that they can create their own PvP arenas.

Now don't worry, you won't just stumble into some player's claim and get jumped. There can be an invisible barrier of sorts, that can only be bypassed if you type a command (such as /enterpvp) to make sure you want to enter the area. All items will stay locked to the player upon death.

This can create some very interesting community made PvP mini-games and allow players to experience PvP, something that has long been requested.

Last edited: over 4 years ago

RE: Alternative PvP Option

FalseIokkon
Elder

2 topics
5 posts

by FalseIokkon » over 4 years ago
Not gonna happen lol

this is another thing that I’ve been arguing about for so long that I’ve just given up on. Pvp won’t exist on Wildercraft

ever... and the only reason why I’m immediately shooting this idea down is because I’ve suggested this idea already

Last edited: over 4 years ago

RE: Alternative PvP Option

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 4 years ago
The reason I'm against PvP is it literally pits players against each other. If you can think of a way to provide satisfying combat for players in a co-operative way, then I'm interested. But when it's just player vs player, that's not really a mindset or type of gameplay I want to encourage on WilderCraft.

I find that style of gameplay unfriendly and creates more bad feelings than good in my experience.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account