Have Season Length be Dictated by Server Name

Bootiest
Peddler

1 topics
1 posts

by Bootiest » over 4 years ago
Ok, so we have a bunch of different server names. I think it'd be a good idea to have the season length be dictated by the name of the server (as per the title of the post). I.E. redwood would last the longest (other than expanse) and cypress would be the shortest, and updates happen every time redwood resets. I also think that the season lengths should all be multiplicatives of the redwood season length. If redwood's length was 6 months then all the other servers would have to be 1, 1.5, 2, or 3 months long so the updates would be synced with all servers resetting. It also gives a bigger decision to which server you choose rather than 'I like redwood trees', rather it has an ingame difference. This will give more choices to people who like smaller seasons or bigger seasons. This has been my TED Talk.

RE: Have Season Length be Dictated by Server Name

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
The servers would then have to remove sync inventory and have individual spawns and shops, otherwise it becomes waaaaay to easy to overpower yourself at the start of a season by transfering items. 

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 4 years ago
I don't understand what you mean here, everything is lost at the start of the new season so there are no items to transfer.

At least that is how i understood it.

Last edited: over 4 years ago

capndiln
Guardian

40 topics
59 posts

by capndiln » over 4 years ago
This idea sounds like splitting the 4 serves that currently reset together into 4 fully separate servers, with no shared spawn or shared inventory. So redwood would reset every x months, maple x/2 months, willow x/3 months, and cypress x/4 months. or something similar to that. If that were the case where one server resets separately, shared inventory and shared spawn would not be fair play, so it would have to be fully separate servers to be feasible.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account