FEEDBACK ON BANS AND STAFF

topvesko
Lightfoot

5 topics
7 posts

by topvesko » over 4 years ago
Hello,
I've recently been banned for x raying. I do not use x-ray and people can confirm that. I don't know in what way do staff see when somebody x rays , but quote from pwnyy"You've crossed the paths of too many diamonds" is not  a good enough excuse to ban a player. Consider this constructive criticism for the server. I can move in my mine fast and mine diamonds I've found. This doesn't mean I am hacking. I may be leaving diamonds open and mine them at once, I may be keeping them for a friend, I might even just find lots of them by chance! I   from personal experience I know that bans should be given with justice, voting an most importantly proof. Banning and limiting people from the game removes their passion to play it an keep a friendly community, I myself don't know if I want to support this server anymore! Thank you all who read this. My advice to you is always to seek justice!

RE: FEEDBACK ON BANS AND STAFF

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
I'll leave it to forum admins to decide, but I personally don't believe this post belongs in this area so much as it belongs in a ban appeal. But for anyone who does read this, I want to at least add a general response. 

We do not take bans lightly, nor do we lightly accuse people for the use of X-ray. It's a 60 day ban, and we understand the weight of that. After all, we decided on that duration. 

We have tools to help determine who is a high risk for X-ray, but we also spend a lot of manual time validating it. We also have access to a large amount of data to work with, and an entire team of Mods who can cross-check as well. Naturally, we do not openly post about all of the tools we use, nor do we need to even if it were the majority demand, as these tools are meant to help the server and function best when others do not know the specifics to try and circumvent them. 

In the time I've been a mod, there's been countless X-Ray users. It's been the same for the other mods too. We have seen a LOT of people cheating. We have also seen a LOT of people appeal their ban. But the track record stands, where I have yet to see someone that was banned for X-ray successfully appeal. Not because we don't look into it (we very much do), but because we have a lot of information to work with and the evidence is usually very clear. You may be the first, and if you are then I sincerely apologize, but you also may not.

Either way, a ban is the result of a lot of time and effort by at least on Mod, usually more. Appeals are the result of a lot of Mods. Neither time it is something done lightly. Seek justice, indeed. 

Last edited: over 4 years ago diamond.png x 2

RE: FEEDBACK ON BANS AND STAFF

topvesko
Lightfoot

5 topics
7 posts

by topvesko » over 4 years ago
Thank you for the reply, that is a way an admin should reply. Congratulations on that. During the discussion of my ban I've received a very incorrect attitude and help in discord. I understand its hard to decide who cheats and who doesn't. The disgusting attitude from an admin in discord made me not wanting to see Minecraft or public servers anymore. I hope that's what he wanted.

Last edited: over 4 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account