Better Shop Stats

_KS0_
Elder

6 topics
12 posts

by _KS0_ » over 4 years ago
In game economy is, for me, one of the most interesting aspects of multiplayer. This is the first server I have really devoted to, and have enjoyed playing on it immensely. One of the first things I remember doing was buying mythic so I could have a shop at spawn. However, it's hard to really get a pulse on what sells and what doesn't just by spending hours tping around shops that haven't been update, refilled, or are sold out (even if they have the currency still in it, you are really just guessing at what they sold or at least the quantity).

Shop stats don't help that frustrating experience much either. My guess is that there are lots of numbers the server has access to and I would love to see this part of the website get a revamp. The following are some ideas for better, more readable, more useable shop stats:

• "Makes Sense Sorting" Top spenders/sellers are sorted by currency first, quantity later. For simplicity, I would just sort diamond, gold, iron, maybe emeralds, and the rest of it is jumbled (maybe have a dropdown list to conserve visual space?). You may even be able to exchange the numbers so if you have someone who spent 10db, they are counted as spending 90d.
  • Not sure what to do with the "Pricey" section. This is one of the areas where the currencies are real messed up (and tiny, and with no tooltips). It seems like it was an hipfire idea of what to do with all the numbers servers have access to, but is basically useless. Unless you wanted to know that a block ice was sold for a stack of cookies. Was it actually? Who got the better end of that deal, really? We'll never know.
  • Another useful info bit would be sorting what has been sold today, in the past week, month, etc. If space is a factor, just exclude the last month. Honestly, just tagging what is currently on there a little more clearly would be a slight improvement. Is "Popular" for the whole season? 
  • One of the most useful things that was be so beautiful would be averages of what prices are for certain items. 
  • Adding, if possible, where things are getting sold. Maybe rockets sell really well at spawn, but not in Willow. Who knows? We can (again, if possible), just by segmenting where the transaction takes place. Maybe you could list the top selling server?
  • Making sure block-images that don't have names (or are just really small) have tooltips.
  • Visual revamp of individual player stats. Just moving things around so it's not long lists of everything.
  • Calculations of how many stacks a given thing would be.
  • Something cool would be a list or a count of day-of visitors.
  • Option to opt-out for the display of personal stats.
  • This is really just an isolated question, but is the system counting what's inside a shulker that gets sold? It seems like it to me.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account