Allowing PVP On The Server

Dang227
Lightfoot

2 topics
2 posts

by Dang227 » over 4 years ago
To start this off, i would like to clarify i do NOT mean that we should allow it in normal gameplay. I was thinking more along the lines of either a colleseum, or, my personal preference, a command. I recently saw a feral rank decide not to join the server solely based upon the fact that pvp is non existent. PVP surely isnt for every player, which is why its great that its disabled. However, here are a few reasons i believe we need something like this in the server.

1- Once you reach a certain point, especially where we are now near the end of the season, there is almost nothing to do for long time players who have so much gear that they dont need to do anything but build. It most likely gets boring for anyone who isnt a mod, or a helper. (reason being helpers and mods are typically guiding new players and settling disputes to pass good time)

2- If we had the option of pvp, that could open up a whole new WORLD of events. Recently there was a great pyramid race, but it would be cool to maybe have a completely fair PVP tournament. Since the last one filled up cypress entirely, i doubt it will be an issue to form a 20-40 person tournamant, and it could be an absolute blast!

3- players could settle their own personal non staff related disputes with duels, like maybe claim space devided among two friends depends on who wins the axe battle, or a few people are mining together and all find the same diamonds, they could duel for them and that would be that.

I personally believe that this would be all around amazing for the server, and all it would require is a simple /duel or /battle command, something along those lines.

Another thing, it would be cool if these commands, hypothetically, could be setup to allow more than 1v1s, maybe 2v2s as well so you can bring a pal!
Lets say the 1v1 command would be /Duel (Example Player)

but the 2v2 command could be /Duel2 (Example Teammate) (Example Opponent) (Example Opponent)

you could also have a similar menu pop up like the timed warnings you get breaking stuff in unclaimed zones, but instead a small menu pops up to allow you to accept or decline the duel. 

Thank you for your time to whoever reads this. -Dang227

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account