Download World Save

Firechief_CP
Elder

1 topics
1 posts

by Firechief_CP » over 4 years ago
With the recent announcement of Season 8, I have been thinking about the builds we have made. Screenshots save memories, but it's not the same as the nostalgia of walking old worlds.

So my idea is allowing world save downloads of Wildercraft (after Season ends, of course) -- even if it requires a /donate to help compensate for server bandwidth etc, I think it would be nice to be able to archive for the future some of the amazing builds.

Last edited: over 4 years ago diamond.png x 1

RE: Download World Save

gplayer5
Ancient

6 topics
43 posts

by gplayer5 » over 4 years ago
From previous seasons, Mods had stated that the worlds were not available to download because the file sizes got so large. As far as I know, most free file sharing sites only allow you to upload files up to a certain size. As you said, this might required some type of paid option. 

As an alternative, if you have your own personal paid service that allows other people to upload very large files into your account, that might work. Although, you'd most likely have to work with Redbau and his team to upload it to your account.

ZormaxOrion
Pathfinder

5 topics
15 posts

by ZormaxOrion » over 4 years ago
about how big would it be? I don't know word sizes

Fairchild
Ancient

1 topics
11 posts

by Fairchild » over 4 years ago
There is a mod (here) that will download just speciifc chunks. Last time I knew, this doesn't leak the world download seed. So if you can get temporary approval to download your own builds or areas you want too.

This is a client side mod too so no huge server fixes

Last edited: over 4 years ago

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
@Ranger: I believe that's how we did it before to get certain areas downloaded for players. 

In terms of the world size, I don't recall offhand, but it's massive enough that even hosting the world files was an issue. But this would have to be a Redbau question. 

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account