End Resets/Expansion Size Dont read at all does not matter

Yacob1
Guardian

19 topics
63 posts

by Yacob1 » over 4 years ago
DONT READ THIS

Not done yet, computer want to restart, but you can comment on if i did my math corectly or not

When the end is 4k there is 12 1k areas that can be spawned in

Using Chunkbase and looking at end city spawns there can range from 0-4 citys in a 1k area while mostly being 0-1

Minecraft wiki says that 80% of end citys spawn with a boat but when i go explore by myself it feels more like 50-65% But we will go off what the wiki says.

going off a 4 week schedual, first week reset to 4k, second 8k third 12k fourth 16k

I took an average of 50 random seeds and got 2.64 end cities per 2k area with 1k of it the spawn chunk. So going  off of that there is around 10 end cities in a 4k area. With only 80% of them getting elytra there is only 8 new elytra for the first week per server. So in total only 32 elytra per week, 2nd week 144, 3rd week 240, 4th week 336 So around 752 elytra a month
Redbau said in chat that there was 10k new players this month, now lets say that only 10% of them become regulars and stay around. That would be 1000 people. 
With only 752 elytra per month and 1000 new people that want it, the end needs to expand more or just have bigger expandings

This also does not include people dieing and losing there elytra.

If these elytra becoma a little bit more avalible then more people could be inclind to stay.

Last edited: over 4 years ago diamond.png x 1

RE: End Resets/Expansion Size Dont read at all does not matter

Buffaz
Ancient

14 topics
35 posts

by Buffaz » over 4 years ago
Well. I see that you have a good point Yacob, and I understand that lots of people want it. But if we make the rate of getting it so every month the new 1000 players would be getting elytra it wouldn't be as fun. Getting elytra is a part of playing the game. Elytras are supposed to be challenging to get, and end-game items. I think that the rates are fine right now as long as the weekly schedule for the end is followed. But that is a whole other topic. 

- BuFFaZ

Last edited: over 4 years ago diamond.png x 1

Swoven
Sapling

15 topics
42 posts

by Swoven » over 4 years ago
Hey Yacob1,

Ends should currently be larger than they have been previously (now 8k in each direction) and will reset every week. Thank you for your patience :)

Yacob1
Guardian

19 topics
63 posts

DONT READ DOES NOT MATTER ANYMORE LOL

diamond.png x 1

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 4 years ago
Thanks Yacob1, I agree the end resets have been a mess! All our automated scripts were broken since Season, until today! Now I've updated the code so everything is fully automated for reset.

Now, each week we'll reset the End to the full size 16k x 16k world.

Enjoy!

diamond.png x 1

Yacob1
Guardian

19 topics
63 posts

As I cant delete a post pls stop responding to it.

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 4 years ago
That was a really interesting read and im glad that you think of the community as a whole here Yacob, while i do agree with Buffaz, i am also glad that things has been fixed since then and that Redbau and the others got the end under control for now. :)

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

by agentbbn » over 4 years ago
Man, I love reading this! I love how this post is so thought out! I can’t wait for end resets!

ZormaxOrion
Pathfinder

5 topics
15 posts

by ZormaxOrion » over 4 years ago
Glad to hear the end reset is automated now

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account