Wilder Tools

JustGabee
Colossal

6 topics
15 posts

by JustGabee » over 4 years ago
I am confident I am not the only one who is not a fan of overpowered wildertools such as the diorite pickaxe. I personally think wildertools are should fun and unique ways to enhance the wildercraft experience. An example of an excellent wildertool is the wilderblade which drops nearly unattainable heads which are super cool but are not in anyway overpowered. Wildercraft is a near-vanilla server and that is partly what makes it so great! It is my humble opinion that the diorite pickaxe is straying too far from the core of what makes wildercraft my favorite server.

RE: Wilder Tools

Fairchild
Ancient

1 topics
11 posts

by Fairchild » over 4 years ago
You're just mad that you can't get one yourself.

Using your logic that it strays too far from near vanilla, so does the Wilderwings and the Bottomless Bucket. All are pretty OP when it comes to what you can do with them.

Get rid of the Diorite Pickaxe, get rid of Wilderwings as well. Both are too OP

Edit: Especially cause Elytra downside was that it couldn't really count as armor. That was a actual point in MC.

Last edited: over 4 years ago creeper-head.png x 1

JustGabee
Colossal

6 topics
15 posts

Please don't accuse me of being petty. I'm not saying I love the wilderwings. I just think the diorite pickaxe crossed a line of sorts.

Last edited: over 4 years ago

Fairchild
Ancient

1 topics
11 posts

For what reason? It strayed too far from vanilla MC?

Elytra downside was that it couldn't really count as armor. That was a actual point in MC. Get rid of both of them

Fairchild
Ancient

1 topics
11 posts

A better thing could be that it can't have mending on it and that if you mine diorite it takes durability.

Because outright getting rid of a item because its not close too close, you get questions about the Elytra and some creative mod box awards using that same logic.

JustGabee
Colossal

6 topics
15 posts

I appreciate the feedback Ranger_Lupus. I trust the staff will make the best desicion for the server whatever that may be!

diamond.png x 1

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 4 years ago
Gabe146 I appreciate your feedback. Have you considered some ideas for tradeoffs that would make the pickaxe less powerful or come with more of a cost? Perhaps you consume XP with each block broken too? Or it costs some XP + 1 lapis per block of diorite destroyed.

Do you like any of those ideas or have some thoughts of your own? I'd love to hear more!

diamond.png x 1

JustGabee
Colossal

6 topics
15 posts

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion! It's the little things that make you such a great owner. I think your XP consuming idea is very interesting, especially since xp is so easy to get with voting and farms. I also think it could help balance the pickaxe if it is incompatible with the mending echantment.

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account