Litematica

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

by agentbbn » over 4 years ago
So i have been trying to build a raid farm for the past few days, and the first  design I used didn't work out. So I decided to go looking and wanted to do doublemoses's raid farm. I could get all the materials, but there was one problem: There was no tutorial, and the only way to see how to build it is to use a client mod called litematica. Litematica doesn't change gameplay, it just shows the schematics of where you place blocks for blue prints you download and put into it's folder. I wanted to use this, but it wasn't allowed on the server on the list of client side mods you could use. I want to know if it can be allowed, since it doesn't change the entire game. On a scale of 1-10 on how hard this is to implement, I would say it is a 1 out of 10.

diamond.png x 2

RE: Litematica

Obsidian0dragon
Ancient

4 topics
9 posts

by Obsidian0dragon » over 4 years ago
I personally would love to be able to use this on the server, it would make moving the builds that I test out in creative over to survival all the easier and would allow for a much faster turnaround from concept to build. However, there are several issues that the mod brings to the social environment of the server. Say, someone were to download a map that had someone else's builds on them, use litematica to "copy" them over to wildercraft, then claim that they came up with the idea, design, and built it entirely themselves. This could very easily snowball into them applying for the Builder role, and on the chance that the application builds are not recognized beforehand, they are accepted. While this is a bit of a niche issue, It's something to consider as there is no "reverse build searching" on the internet like there is for plagiarising articles or stealing artwork.

Again, I would love to have this, but we would need to address the issues that come with it first and foremost.

diamond.png x 3

Yacob1
Guardian

19 topics
63 posts

by Yacob1 » over 4 years ago
I would disagree with you for this part "This could very easily snowball into them applying for the Builder role" as to apply to the build team you just need screenshots of what you built. You can easily just get pitucers of awsome buildings from different servers. Unless someone else saw who built it there is no way to say who builds what if it is just a screenshot.

I would like to see why we could not have any blueprint mod as long as it does not have a print feature in it. As I only see people downvote it but have not seen a reason why, just "I can see why we should not use it". I would like to see a good explenation on why we cant have it.

diamond.png x 1

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

by _Swagg_ » over 4 years ago
yeah but Yacob you need to do a phase 2 on the build apply where you build 3 things on creative, so ppl could get a download world from the internet and copy, "paste" the build as their creative build of the apply. its not just screens

Obsidian0dragon
Ancient

4 topics
9 posts

by Obsidian0dragon » over 4 years ago
Exactly my thoughts swagg.

The only way i could potentially see a way to LIMIT the "abuse" of the mod would be to rank lock it to elder or ancient in my opinion. However there would be no feasible way to enforce it that i can see. In any case, how would the staff be able to tell someone were building with litematica in the first place? Its not like allows the player to move in unusual ways nor does it give player items, effects, or ways to "cheat the system" that i clcan tell.

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

I didn't actually think anyone would look at this post, but in my opinion, it should be implemented, but only after we can garuntee that there is almost no way litematica could be exploited.

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

I didn't actually think anyone would look at this post, but in my opinion, it should be implemented, but only after we can garuntee that there is almost no way litematica could be exploited. (Sorry, slow internet, posted twice)

Last edited: over 4 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account