Accelerated time beacon power

feystorm
Lightfoot

1 topics
1 posts

by feystorm » over 4 years ago
Since on Wildercraft, farms are limited in size, I'm thinking of a beacon power to balance out that limitation.

The idea is that when under the effect of a specific beacon power (more on that later), that the tick intervals for certain events would be reduced. For example, on a sheep farm, sheep normally have a chance of 1 in 1000 (per tick) of eating grass and regrowing their wool. The beacon power could cut this down to maybe 1 in 500. And then now they eat more grass, so the tick interval for grass spread would need to be reduced as well.
In addition, level 1 vs level 2 beacons could have different acceleration values.

Now, as for what power to actually have on a beacon which does this, I was thinking adding it to speed makes the most sense, as time acceleration does seem to go hand-in-hand with speed.

A short list of effects this might have:
* Plants/crops growing (including trees, grass, etc) - Accelerated crops does seem like it would be up for debate, as there is no Wildercraft rule on size of crops. The grass one is likely the one most needed, as its directly linked to the accelerated sheep grazing.
* Sheep eating grass
* Chickens laying eggs
* Animal breeding cooldowns
* Animal baby growth times (including turtle eggs)

As for the implementation, I haven't done any minecraft coding, but it seems like the simplest implementation might be a localized randomTickSpeed, as well as double or tripling each chunk tick. 

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account