Donate for RARE items

ImCarlos
Pathfinder

2 topics
2 posts

by ImCarlos » over 4 years ago
Description: As the server grows, some items can become scarce. Make a donation to receive very rare blocks/items, e.g. sponges and mycelium.

How does this idea keep in line with Wildercraft themes? The blocks/items must be very rare. Aside from that, the items shouldn't be given in large quantities (IMO). For example, just a few mycelium blocks to force the player to spread it unto dirt by him/herself.

How difficult is your idea to implement? 1

RE: Donate for RARE items

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

by _Swagg_ » over 4 years ago
Then its more pay to win type deal

WolfNations
Treant

4 topics
16 posts

by WolfNations » over 4 years ago
I agree with _Swagg_ one of WilderCraft appeals is being generally against pay to win.

howarthe
Ancient

4 topics
8 posts

by howarthe » over 4 years ago
Pay to win is a necessary evil when certain items become so difficult to come by. Mycellium is a poor example because other players can make tons of it and sell it their shops, but elytra are very rare. This server tries to make up for that by resetting the end, which is another fine solution to the problem. My personal problem at the moment is villagers. I want to build a trading hall, but I can't find any villagers, so I bought some, but they won't reproduce. This seems to be an intentional limitation, and I am annoyed.

Sponges are another great example. No one can make more sponges, so there are only a very few available to a very few players.

Olghar
Ancient

12 topics
24 posts

by Olghar » over 4 years ago
You can get villagers from zombie villagers, thats the way I always start my breeders. I agree that sponges is a very rear thing and after some time they become unavailable. My suggestion is that they can be a vote reward like
homesick slimes.

WolfNations
Treant

4 topics
16 posts

by WolfNations » over 4 years ago
Olghar has a point in Sponges being a vote reward in my opinion, since you cant really respawn elder guardians and all.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account