Pet Items (multiple ideas condensed for brevity)

Jacked_O_Lantern
Ancient

2 topics
2 posts

by Jacked_O_Lantern » over 4 years ago
IDEA 1: Nametag of Shielding
Description:

A fancy nametag obtained through putting a nametag in a crafting grid with a totem of undying and/or other endgame loot (nether star or dragon egg come to mind), and it creates a nametag that when used on an animal make the animal immune to damage. 
It would only work on mobs incapable of inflicting damage because immortal wolfs would be OP, but with a costly enough recipe it might justify it. But for like parrots and cats and stuff it should definitely work. Also there'd still probably need to be a way for mods to kill the mob if it end up being an issue somehow.
The heart behind this is I want to be able to take my pets on adventures with me without running the risk of my cat/parrot getting killed by stray arrows or invisible lag creepers. Parrots are especially bad for this since they're low health, and their pathfinding seems to like bringing them through lava (RIP Marty Macaw #1). It could work on wolves but there'd need to some way to limit how many immune wolves a single player could have. Like 1 dog that just doesn't die would still be kind of OP but tolerable if the tag was hard enough to get, where as an army of 60 immortal dogs does not need to exist.
Why is this Wilder:
Wildercraft already has mob greifing and pvp disabled. The only thing that can hurt pets is their owner and mobs, mostly creepers. It just kind of fits with the safety measures that are already in place.
Difficulty to implement:
I'm not sure, I know mobs can have they're data edited to have higher max health and/or be immune to damage (I've done this in the past in a survival world, and am willing to provide info if need be). It would just be a matter of having a nametag entity data beyond the creatures name, and blocking it from certain mobs. Probably like a 2/10 if 10 is high end of still doable.

IDEA 2: Pet/Whistle
Description:
An item that can be used to make all wolves belonging to the user withing 64 blocks sit/stand (not a toggle, but like it gives you 2 options and the one you pick is applied to all wolves.) I see this item as being fairly easy to get (like crafted from iron, and bamboo for the reed, it's a whistle for Pete's sake), I'm honestly surprised this isn't in the game already.
Maybe a next level up of this item would be having the 2 options for all groups of pets, so you could command cats to sit then parrots to sit and then wolves to stand, that sort of thing. 
Why is this Wilder:
I don't know that it really is, but it's not against Wildercraft ideals, and I don't know why this feature isn't in the base game either. It makes so much sense for something like this to exist... 
Difficulty:
1/10, easy. 2/10 at the most, especially with the "new" 1.13 command structure. I cannot write plugins, but I've achieved this exact item in survival through the art of command books. I'd need to do some research as the command book I made was specific to my player UUID, but this definitely seems in the realm of possibility.

I am willing to help out with these in my spare time to the best of my ability if need be.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: over 4 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account