What does WilderCraft mean to you?

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 5 years ago
In November of 2017 I created a little survival Minecraft server called WilderCraft. I had no idea what I was really doing but I knew I wanted to make a nice clean, safe place for players to explore, craft, and build among the trees. I also knew it should be hard difficulty!

Now over 10,000 players later, and ~7 million minutes collectively played I'm wondering:

What keeps you coming back here?
- Why do you like it here?
- What does WilderCraft mean to you?

So please share your story and let us know what you enjoy.

Last edited: over 5 years ago diamond.png x 4

RE: What does WilderCraft mean to you?

bluewinterforest
Dryad

6 topics
7 posts

by bluewinterforest » over 5 years ago
i have been a player here on wildercraft since 2017 around august (almost 2 years), at first i didnt know if i was gonna like it but as sooon as i came onto the server i was welcomed with open arms <3 by redbau and the mod team :D over the course of two years of me playing i have developed many friendships with players and mods and even redbau himself :D at times ive had dark moments in real life and i reached out to members of this community (even tho its only minecraft) and people listened to me and have calmed me down etc. 

there is a lot of love here and honestly wildercraft and its players means the world to me a hell of a lot ;-; and i aint going anywhere just yet so i am gonna be sticking around xx so this is what wildercraft means to me. wilder is apart of my life now <3 ive never ever grown so attached to a game like this xxx

Last edited: over 5 years ago diamond.png x 3

Mr_Mora__
Colossal

0 topics
1 posts

by Mr_Mora__ » over 5 years ago
Wildercraft means alot to me i made some good friends and some not so good friends but no enemies witch is nice, i keep on coming back becuase its a server thats nice and enjoyable. i also enjoy the great mods and nice commuinty als.o its the first server that i ever got banned off of for a perioud of time (witch was 30 days time until im allowed back on is t minus 27 days)
also if you think this is a complaint about me being banned or that im mad about being banned. im not. if anything im 1 half disapointed in myself and 1 half glad that i was actually caught witch is a good sign of this server having responsible mods. 
thanks for reading and have a good night or good day :)

Last edited: over 5 years ago

XantuVolo
Elder

0 topics
1 posts

by XantuVolo » over 5 years ago
    I was introduced to WilderCraft by 2 friends I trust and care about deeply. What I found was a comunity of people who are just like us. We share and help one another. We welcome all newbies and give help to them if they want it. This comunity also has built a economic (in game) system that allows people to share without being taken advantage of. 
    Just like every server there are some bad apples. Yet the Moderators were on top of it right away as I was griefed. Then to top it off the comunity got behind and helped me out in training me to better protect my stuff and with Items and tools to make up for what I had lost. This is more than just a server to play a game for me, its a family. 

Last edited: over 5 years ago

derecs
Wild

0 topics
3 posts

by derecs » over 5 years ago
The gushy stuff:

WilderCraft to me is a place to introduce my kids to the concept of community gaming.  A lot of very crusty, unhappy people lob insults at this server because it is family-friendly, but I play here, specifically here, and nowhere else, because it is family friendly.  And I found a pretty awesome owner, server, and group of people along the way.

My kids don't talk in chat much, but they sit next to each other playing and I hear them talking about all of you :)  They love all of you and have fun playing with you all.

The not so gushy stuff:

This server is in hard mode!  And it has the spirit of survival! Spawn is built with survival-only materials!  The server description says you earn your keep.   Typing /kit responds with "Kits are for weakings, my hearty friend.  This is survival in the wilderness."  Yes!    The server description says " /tp and /home cost 1 ender pearl (because survival has costs!)"    Rule 2 on the voting site says: "2. Earn your items. Beg/cheat/hack/x-ray is against the survival spirit. Try the shops."   In redbau's post in the forums Rule 2 says "Earn Your Items. Doing things such as begging, cheating, or hacking ruins the survival spirit. Try the shops or work hard for them."

I personally try to play within the spirit of the server.  I hope we don't lose this spirit as there seems to be a movement to give everything away for free, even on the part of some staff/helpers.  I've been the recipient of some of these free items.  I have tried to pay (literally several diamond blocks) but the giver simply runs away.  This really undermines the value of hard work and undermines the entire spawn shop experience.  I personally have seen spawn shop traffic decrease and I would bet a number of others have as well.  So to me, WilderCraft is the essence and experience that redbau has envisioned and shares with all of us.

diamond.png x 2

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account