Mushroom infinite XP exploit

Bluesnowflake
Elder
Colossal

19 topics
69 posts

by Bluesnowflake » over 4 years ago
Title: mushroom infinite XP bug
Summary: when placing a mushroom and breaking it with a wildercopia, it will reward xp and more mushrooms, so inifinite placing and destroying will yield infinite XP, a player on redwood was abusing this to gain a ton of XP and mend tools

Priority and Severity:
B, not massively well known but is a serious exploit

Server:
works on all servers

Steps to Reproduce:
place mushroom, break with wildercopia, repeat, see if XP is given every time

Expected Outcome:
no xp or additonal mushrooms

Actual Outcome:
xp and additional mushrooms

probably a small coding change would fix this, maybe so mushrooms in general are not effected by copias

RE: Mushroom infinite XP exploit

Avanu
Dryad

22 topics
25 posts

by Avanu » over 4 years ago
Added to bug spreadsheet.

sisi7304
Wild

2 topics
11 posts

by sisi7304 » over 4 years ago
I think this bug isn't really a bug, although I could be wrong, since the same thing happens with carrots and potatoes. Wheat (and beetroot too) need specific seeds to be replanted but mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes just need the item to replant as the item is considered the same as a seed. The purpose of the tools is mainly to give bonus crops (more wheat, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, etc) as well as xp so this isn't so much as bug but rather an exploit that is based on the function to give extra crops and xp even when the crop needs itself to be replanted, instead of certain seeds. I'm sure the code could be changed to exclude mushrooms, but that would imply excluding carrots and potatoes too.

HeresYoSmoothie
Guardian

8 topics
20 posts

by HeresYoSmoothie » over 4 years ago
Take a look though.
https://youtu.be/fRtXL7oo4Dg
The difference between mushrooms and other crops, is that mushrooms don't need to grow. I can't stand in a corner and spam carrots like this. This is crazy.

EDIT: And a very simple redstone setup makes it fully afkable. No bone meal, no nothing.
https://youtu.be/jnQqkbo2Rkk

Last edited: over 4 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account