WilderEyes!

NecronBrinis
Ancient

7 topics
14 posts

by NecronBrinis » over 4 years ago
Teleportation is expensive nowadays. Eyes of Teleportation are only available by shops, crafting, and voting, and they can consume lots of inventory space. This is why I want to have a way to compact teleports: WilderEyes!

WilderEyes are a new teleportation item earned through votes that can store multiple teleports on a single item. Earned from weekly vote rewards and Ruby Chests, the amount of teleports stored can vary. Each WilderEye holds its own inventory slot to prevent stacked stacking.

Weekly Vote Rewards: 16-64 teleports (increments of 16) [16, 32, 48, 64]
Ruby Chest: Unlimited teleports!

This idea will encourage voting for small, finite teleport storage (the teleports can be adjusted as necessary for balance). Additionally, it can encourage donation and give players a chance to have an item to grant unlimited teleportation. With items that grant protection while allowing flight, enabling mobs to drop their heads, gain experience from harvesting crops, and take dyes directly from flora, this item would be a great addition to this line of mighty items. Given WilderCraft's value of power having trade-offs, with each WilderEye consuming a single inventory slot, this trade-off makes fair sense.

Players simply dread limited teleports, and can be especially bummed if they can't get to a friend's home or one of their own. With an item that can bulk-grant teleports, they can feel joy in having some extra teleport capabilities.

This item's implementation may be a bit tricky with varying stored teleports, so I would give this a 4 in difficulty to implement. 

RE: WilderEyes!

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
Teleportation was essentially unlimited last season. The introduction of difficult to craft teleport eyes was introduced this season specifically to enforce limitations upon teleportation. It keeps things more inline survival aspect of the wildercraft server. The teleportation item your describing doesn't sound any functionally different than stacking teleport eyes right now. It mainly sounds like you want to increase the number received from voting.

he other items have a very limited impact on things you can already do in vanilla minecraft. Experience from crops just gives more meaning to those who like the farm. Dyes from flowers essentially just removes a step from the process of crafting. Protection while flying just provides a bit of extra defense, but no more than a chestplate would provide. Teleportation on the other hand allows for a player to traverse distances that could take literal hours in a single moment. 

Getting to a friends house is something that plenty of players will help with. I'll gladly give an eye to help a player reach their friends. Even as a Mod, I do not get to do that for free, I have to use my own stockpile. But based upon my expereince previously with Season 5's free TP's, I personally don't like how it feels in an otherwise fairly vanilla environment. 

RE: WilderEyes!

Makanaski
Elder

11 topics
18 posts

by Makanaski » over 4 years ago
I agree with bowman but I also agree with something you said lol, I like the eyes of tp to be crafted and earned (I like the current crafting amount and voting amount) But I dont like they waste slots in my chests / inventory I'd like to get "X" amount of free tp commands if i craft or earn them instead as you suggested

Last edited: over 4 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account