Make Ghasts visible when they are farther away

gplayer5
Ancient

6 topics
43 posts

by gplayer5 » over 4 years ago
Currently I know that the servers (redwood and cypress) use a custom plugin that make entities disappear once players go far enough away from them to help address the many lag issues caused by the 1.14.4  version of the game. Unfortunately, this means that Ghasts can attack players, but will remain invisible because of the plugin. This is due to their incredibly long attack range. My request (if possible) is to modify the value for Ghasts only on this plugin so that they can be viewed from a farther distance. I know that this fix was applied to the ruby dragon because it was suffering from the same issue.

Why will players enjoy this idea?
This will allow players to actually see Ghasts in the nether even at farther distances. It's no fun fighting an invisible, fast-moving enemy that can shoot explosive fireballs which break blocks beneath you. Fixing this issue will help bring the server closer to the Vinilla Minecraft game we all love.

How does this idea help or enhance the values of WilderCraft? (Kindness and cooperation, hard survival gameplay has costs, power has trade-offs)?
As mentioned above, it will bring the game closer to the Vanilla Minecraft experience and help balance fighting these types of enemies. Note that this request is for Ghasts only.

On a scale of 1-10 (1=easy, 10=hard/complex) how complex is this idea?
I am not familiar with the plugin that is used so I can't say for certain how complex the process will be. If this is offered as an optional setting, it could be as easy as a 1. However, if it requires a programmatic rewrite of the plugin, it might be more of a 5 or 7.

diamond.png x 1

RE: Make Ghasts visible when they are farther away

Swoven
Sapling

15 topics
42 posts

by Swoven » over 4 years ago
Hey gplayer5!

Sorry for the delayed response! We're totally looking into this, rest assured we will try to do the same thing here that we did with the Ruby Dragon / Ender Dragon when there was a similar problem with them.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account