A warning 3-5 minutes ahead of a reboot

Pakor
Colossal

1 topics
1 posts

by Pakor » over 4 years ago
I've noticed a lot of people not expecting a reboot, either because it's only a 30 second warning ahead of time, or because there is no warning sound.
I think it would be a great idea to add an earlier warning, so people can stop what they are doing, get to a safe place and/or put their stuff away. I've seen multiple times that a reboot turns into a rolllback, and due to bugs items put away in that time might just vanish into nothingness. And I'm sure nobody likes that.
If possible, make the warning appear in the middle of the screen, so people who dont pay attention to chat, or don't have their UI turned on, can still see it.

- Why will players enjoy this idea?
This way, people can ensure for themselves that they dont lose their precious items, or find something good when fishing only for it to be rolled back. Also if something goes wrong, it's mostly on the player themselves.

- How does this idea help or enhance the values of WilderCraft?
It makes for less angry people, as well as less of a powerless feeling, because once it happened no one can change it anymore. Therefore, a happier and better atmosphere.

- On a scale of 1-10 (1=easy, 10=hard/complex) how complex is this idea?
I think this idea would be about a 2 or 3, since it's just a small warning 3-5 min ahead of the reboot. Maybe 4-5 if the warning should appear in the middle of the screen.

diamond.png x 3

RE: A warning 3-5 minutes ahead of a reboot

SkinMilk
Dryad

20 topics
67 posts

by SkinMilk » over 4 years ago
Thank you for taking the time to submit your idea!

The Wildercraft staff has carefully considered this and will be implementing this idea soon.
-Wildercraft Staff

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account