WilderCraft Guide Book

stickbugs
Elder

2 topics
9 posts

by stickbugs » over 4 years ago

WilderCraft Guide Book ~

I’ve found that a common problem on WilderCraft is new players not understanding certain aspects of the server. A possible solution to this would be to create a guide book introducing new players to WilderCraft. It would explain things such as claims, shops, voting/ranks, servers (Expanse, Redwood, Cypress, Creative and their functionality), dungeon run, rules, etc.
New players will recieve this book upon joining the server (either Redwood or Cypress) for the first time, similar to the How to Claim book new players recieve.
I was a staff member previously (Username was iinspires), and I do recall one of the main problems on the server that we had to deal with was introducing new players to the server. This book could save the staff team a great deal of time that they could be using to work on more major things such as fix grief, plan events, etc.
I do remember there being talk of possibly making something similar to this but it was cancelled due to the maximum page number on books being too small. I personally don’t know how to fix this if it is an issue, maybe there’s a plugin that can fix it? But if it can be avoided then I think a lot of players would definitely benefit from something like this.

Why will players enjoy this idea?
The idea generally makes things a little more simple for both new players and staff members. New players won’t have to ask as many questions about the server, and the staff team will have a little more spare time to deal with more major situations.

How does this idea help or enhance the values of WilderCraft?
By explaining the values of WilderCraft to new players they will have a better understanding of them and are more likely to follow along.

On a scale of 1-10 how complex is the idea?
It depends. If the book requires modifying with something such as a plug-in then it will become more complicated.
Maybe around 7/10 - 9/10. It requires planning out what to put into the guide, as well as the possible need for a plug-in.

Thanks for reading heart

diamond.png x 1

RE: WilderCraft Guide Book

Richy_ZS
Ancient

14 topics
46 posts

by Richy_ZS » over 4 years ago
This is an idea that's currently being worked on.

RE: WilderCraft Guide Book

stickbugs
Elder

2 topics
9 posts

by stickbugs » over 4 years ago
Ooh okay. Thanks for the info!

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account