Auction Command

Avanu
Dryad

22 topics
25 posts

by Avanu » over 4 years ago
Players will be able to actively bid on a certain item, which has been put on auction by any player (this could be rank exclusive). It will last a certain time and will be actively going on in chat and players can bid and the player can set a starting bid of whatever currency the auctioneer decides on (such as diamonds or Emeralds). The players bidding will have to have the currency needed in their inventory .
This will be useful because it means that anyone can easily access the sale of something from the comfort of their base, rather than having to go to spawn and trade or visit the shops.
A command could be /auction which describes how to start an auction in the chat. Aswell as that people can decide a starting bid, 

On a scale of 1-10, I don’t really know as that is for redbau to decide as it will require a plugin or some coding. 

Last edited: over 4 years ago

RE: Auction Command

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
There would need to be a limitation on how many items a player can put up for auction, possibly limited by rank similarly to how shops are? (Example: Peddlers can have 1 up, Mythics 2, Ancients 3). 

There would also need to be some structures around how long an auction can go up for (minimum and maximum) and how to handle the pricing.

This honestly MIGHT be better handled as a shop of sorts. That way there is a set place to view them all (and it's not a huge chat dump for the player when a ton of Auctions are up). 

The other option, which I think you are thinking of, it more like having a 10 minute auction in chat, but that has the same issues of chat spamming. I really think this is more  of a "Custom Shop" idea for mod's to run/maintain.

Bangz3
Elder

2 topics
6 posts

by Bangz3 » over 4 years ago
I personally feel that this would drag the server farther away from being Vanilla. In my opinion, Wildercraft is supposed to be mainly vanilla, and I feel doing this would take away from the Wildercraft feel of the server. I personally enjoy going to shops at spawn, and if this was implemented, I feel it would kind of take away from the fun and excitement of having a shop, because not many players would rely on player shops anymore, since this is more convinient. Just my opinion though! Thank you for sharing your ideas :)

diamond.png x 1

SkinMilk
Dryad

20 topics
67 posts

by SkinMilk » over 4 years ago
Thank you for taking the time to submit your idea!

The Wildercraft staff has carefully considered this and decided that we will not be implementing it at this time. Thank you for understanding
-Wildercraft Staff

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account