Understanding warnings by staff due to use of filtered words.

Ruaera
Lightfoot

1 topics
1 posts

by Ruaera » over 5 years ago
It makes no sense to me, yet, as to why a player has to be warned by staff despite already having their choice word, and sentence, automatically filtered out, unseen by the rest of players & warned by the filter. Many people use these certain words by second nature, therefore making it a difficult task on the player to break the habit. The way I see it, the warning players receive by the filter alone is already a good way to help them break the habit and mindfully keep chat PG. So, personally, it just makes more sense to have staff warn players if and when someone deliberately bypasses the filter via either substituting or omitting characters. Basically warning those that purposely fall versus warning people that accidentally trip.

Apologies if this seems bossy. I'm just dumping thought, whilst being curious & wanting to understand as to why, with how you currently keep chat PG, is fair to all players. Teach me the ways of WilderCraft!   :D

RE: Understanding warnings by staff due to use of filtered words.

007Alex
Ancient

1 topics
5 posts

by 007Alex » over 4 years ago
i did once type "a farmer" and got a warning.  i was talking about villagers lol but it didnt like a f

RE: Understanding warnings by staff due to use of filtered words.

ralphiemac
Wild

12 topics
32 posts

by ralphiemac » over 4 years ago
Some players may think that if they are only warned by the filter that staff may not see what they said, think they could get away with saying it, etc. By having a staff member also send them a message, it becomes much more personal and shows that we are seeing what they say. It always helps to have a friendly reminder too, especially in those cases of "second nature" as you said. It is important to still warn the accidental slip-ups though (cases of accidentally being warned for when you didn't actually say anything bad is entirely different though, and you won't be muted for that). Hope that help you understand better! :) 

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account