play.wildercraft.net

Join 14 players online!

Add Right-Click Toggle for Wilderpick and Wilderaxe

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

by MrMagooAZ » over 2 years ago

Currently, the Wilderpick Silk Touch and Wilderaxe multi-log functions are turned on and off by typing /wilderpick or /wilderaxe at the prompt.

These functions should go on/off with a right click like the Sword of Zeus' lightning ability.

The reason for this is efficiency. I'm mining along at Y -59, and I want Fortune on for the Deepslate. I then come across some ore (Redstone, Diamond, whatever). For inventory management, I'd rather Silk Touch the ore block than Fortune it right now. A right-click would make this change for 1-8 blocks very fast.

Same is true for the Wilderaxe.  I'm at the top of a Giant Spruce tree, and there is that one log that sticks up higher than the rest.  I'd like to just take out that one log so everything is at the same height before choping it all down.  A right-click would make this much easier.

I don't think there is an existing right-click pick function, but there is on the axe (stripped wood) so that one might not be doable or present other problems. I'm fine with losing the stripping function, but that's just me.

Last edited: over 2 years ago diamond.png x 1

RE: Add Right-Click Toggle for Wilderpick and Wilderaxe

HeresYoSmoothie
Guardian

8 topics
20 posts

by HeresYoSmoothie » over 2 years ago

I second this. Having just unlocked silk toggle on my own Wilderpick, I can agree it would make a big difference. Typing out a command might not seem like much, but it's a bit of flow-interrupting tedium that over time would make me wonder if it's not worth it to just have a second pickaxe that's dedicated to silk.

If for no other reason, then it should just be right click toggled for consistency's sake. It's odd that some wilderitems are toggled with right click, but others require commands.

It only makes sense if there's a technical reason for the disparity, which I suppose there could be.

Last edited: over 2 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account