Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

by MrMagooAZ » over 2 years ago

Supporter Ranks Need To Be Overhauled

The Supporter ranks need more rewards.

Looking at the values of things currenlty offered:

Purple Diamond Supporter ($15 monthly)

• 4x Dungeon Keys (monthly)  - At $1.50 per key, this has a value of $6.00.

Blue Diamond Supporter ($35 monthly)

• 1 WilderCrate Key (monthly) $7.50
  • 1 Ruby Egg (monthly) $7.50
  • 8x Dungeon Keys (monthly) $1.50 x 8 = $12.00

The following are nice to have, but there is really no $ value associated with them. Some help sell more subscriptions; the prefix is great advertising as is the name/head in a supporter area, while others have not been consistently implemented (NPC at shop).

• Prefix in chat
  • NPC at your shop plot (Must be Mythic rank) - I've never seen this.
  • Your name/head added to supporter area at Spawn
  • Access to Supporter Discord channel (#supporter)

So for $15 a month I can get something worth $6.00 but for $35 a month I can get something worth $27. Not exactly a deal.

The only incentive for folks to be supporters is if they just want to support the server. The current rewards are insufficient.

There is a concern of offering too much. The same folks buying subscriptions are also the same ones buying keys and Wildercoins. I get that. I think there is a better middle-ground.

Supporter Subscriptions should be BETTER value than the individual price of the items. If you want to incentivize players to be supporters, you need to offer them MORE for their money.

Here's what I'd suggest that the rewards look like:

Purple Diamond ($15 monthly)

• 2x Ruby Egg ($7.50 ea / $15 total)
  • 5x Dungeon Keys ($1.50 / $7.50 total)
  • Also add the Prefix and an acknowledgement somewhere...not sure who to do the spawn thing with the split servers.

Total value to the player is $22.50

Blue Diamond Supporters ($35 monthly)

• 1 WilderCrate Key (monthly) $7.50
  • 3x Ruby Egg ($7.50 ea / $22.50 total)
  • Single-Use Spawn Egg - remove the garbage spawns, just the useful ones like Villager, Piglin, Guardian, Shulker ($5.00)
  • Spawner OR Hostile Spawn Egg - Randomize which they get. $10-15
  • 5x Dungeon Keys ($1.50 / $7.50 total)
  • Add prefix and supporter discord channel etc.

Total value to the player is $52.50 - $57.50 in value.

Items to point out:

• Purple is a lot less value than Blue. That's by design. You want to offer an incentive for those who can afford Purple, while also suggesting they get MORE value by going Blue.
  • Useful random options ONLY.  Don't make people feel like they got the shaft when they get a puffer fish spawn egg.

RE: Supporter Ranks Need To Be Overhauled

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 2 years ago

Great feedback here MrMagoo! Thanks for the thoughtful level of detail.

Ralphie and Treasury Team have been hard at work planning all new tiers of support with more rewarding monthly perks — I think you're going to like the changes we have in mind. I've sent your feedback to the team to incorporate as well, so thanks for sharing.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account