New shop command idea - /purchasetimer

Mossum
Elder

8 topics
13 posts

by Mossum » over 5 years ago
today while I was running through spawn randomly as per usual, I looked inside ralphie's shop and saw that he was selling "grab bags" (shulkers full of random items) for 1 diamond each. However, most people didnt get to buy one because they sold out instantly. I asked ralph about it and he said that 2 people bought almost all of them at once (there were a lot). he could have changed the price, but he wanted to make it accessible to everyone and he wasnt just trying to make money.  The "grab bags" are fun idea, and its a shame that only a couple players got to buy them

so my idea is this: A command that allows you to regulate the amount of items that players can buy from your shop within a specified time frame. An example would be /purchasetimer 2h if you wanted to make it so people could only buy 1 item from your shop every 2 hours. by default the timer would be off of course. you could also use the arguments 30m or 2d for days or minutes

I think this would be very beneficial to wildercraft's economy because some players have a ton of money on the server so they'll just wait for someone to restock their shop and then just buy out the entire stock all at once, making it so newer players dont have a chance to buy anything from that shop. Also, some people just dont enjoy restocking their shop very often, but still want to keep their prices fair and competitive, so I think having a command like this would help with that.

diamond.png x 3

RE: New shop command idea - /purchasetimer

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 5 years ago
Very neat idea Mossum, I like the idea of limiting purchases for select chests, maybe there's a rare items chest that's limited to one purchase per day.

This could be done pretty easily with a flag like using {$rare} as a shop sign line 1 title and then everything inside is automatically limited to 1 stack per day.

I'll think about this for next Season.

diamond.png x 2

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account