Split Inventories Feedback

TheEpic505
Elder

3 topics
3 posts

by TheEpic505 » over 2 years ago

I figured I'd make a thread addressing the split inventory and lack of spawn next season, since there is a thread for new ranks, and this came up in the chapter 2 feedback channel.

I think taking away spawn is a good idea. Spawn always felt unnecessary to me, except for shops, which are going to be at localspawns now. Not confusing new players is an added bonus, and it's also one less server to maintain and design.

I think splitting inventories between servers is a terrible idea.This is essentially splitting the servers in two. I personnally see no reason to switch between the two if inventories don't carry over, unless I wanted to play with a specific person/people. But if I were in a group/town already, I don't think I'd bother. Getting two sets of gear is a chore, one that I wouldn't want to do just to talk to different people. I think the split inventories might also stop some new players from experiencing the full wilder community, as to them the server they don't start on is just another world with different people they haven't met, and they have no motivation to grind out a whole new set of gear and a new home and such.

Is there any specific reason for the split inventories, I'd love to know what the reasoning behind the decision was. Also I'd love to hear other people's ideas in the comments.

Have a good day :) 

diamond.png x 2

RE: Split Inventories Feedback

GoldenFlame_
Fairy

6 topics
33 posts

by GoldenFlame_ » over 2 years ago

We have had split inventories before, back when wildercraft first split into having multiple worlds in season 6 we had Cypress and Redwood with the seperate inventories and localspawns and shops and all. and yes while at times there could be this "oh yea x server is better" it community wise wasn't too far different than it is now, if anything it was more friendly and had player interactions and whatnot going on than now, and in my personal opinion it was my favourite season we've had. Just as you said we did have people that would play on both but have like a main one with all their proper gear and another with just enough stuff to be able to wonder around and talk to people and see what build they're up to. Or how some people may wish to do it is spend so much time on one server and when they get bored, or want a change move over to the next.

RE: Split Inventories Feedback

p00psterz
Treant

5 topics
23 posts

by p00psterz » over 2 years ago

I get that you're trying to help, but when almost every staff members comment on why there is a split server is "it was really nice in season 6", it really makes it feel like this huge change is being made due to the nostaligia of a few, which feels bad to all the people who came in after that season. Wildercraft is vastly different than even when I started in S8, essentially rolling back how the servers run to how they were in season 6 feels like it deserves more of an explaination than "the staff and few people who are still on from then liked it better that way".

diamond.png x 2

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account