Skyblock Weekly Rewards

Mars_Bryant
Ancient

2 topics
6 posts

by Mars_Bryant » over 2 years ago

I think this may already be on the list of things to do, but I wanted to make a post so other players can make suggestions because I know we've all talked about this in game from time to time.

The weekly rewards in skyblock could use an overhaul. Best I can tell, they haven't changed since the beginning of season 1. Currently 4 regular saplings or 4 lava buckets are the most common rewards. Both of these items are fairly useless by the time you've played for 7 days--you get saplings from an early challenge, and lava is now a renewable resource. Skytools are a very rare weekly. For example, I've gotten a weekly reward every week since this season started (nearly two months now), and only received lava or saplings. I see other people get them occassionally, but not often.

Since Skyblock is pretty unique, I think there should be a different mix of items. Skytools could remain, at whatever precentage is considered fair, but we could also mix in some regular tools (such as diamond picks/swords/axes with decent enchants), maybe things like 4 diamonds, a stack of dirt/grass/sand, shulker shells, spawn eggs... anything that's more difficult to get in game, but not impossible or heavily OP.

Also, I know there's been a lot of work done in skyblock lately and we've all really appreciated it. Thanks!

diamond.png x 1

RE: Skyblock Weekly Rewards

lordnelson100
Wild

0 topics
1 posts

by lordnelson100 » over 2 years ago

Thanks Mars for this! 

And thanks team for all the work on a great Season 2 for wilder skyblock!

I have had the same experience about the frequency of actual weekly rewards. Been playing since the season kicked, off, weekly rewards have been  regular saplings every week except one.  Interestingy, although I didn't keep a record, I know last year I eventually picked up several sky tools and several ancient saplings, plus a nature box,  from regular voting....so it seems like the actual rewards (vs valueless items) may have been adjusted downwards? IDK, maybe luck was with me or something.

Now I know the server needs to be supported, and sky key purchases help, so I can understand if you needed to push harder on selling keys by keeping the crate items somewhat scarce. Overall Wildercraft is very restrained about pushing sales, I really appreciate that!

But it does help in terms of morale to keep it so folks feel rewarded for voting-- that "ugh" feeling you get when you get a message for "weekly reward" and its a junk item is sort of....just not the right exoerience.

Mars' suggestion seems helpful to me--mix in a few items for weekly rewards that have some early game value, like a couple loose diamonds or diamond tools, maybe...ender chests? Items that take grind in game, like stack of sand, obsidian, terracotta?

Anyway, thanks for listening!

diamond.png x 1

DXTN64
Colossal

0 topics
1 posts

by DXTN64 » over 2 years ago

I'd like to thank the skyblock team for a super nice experience overall, I pretty much ditched trees for skyblock since the challenge is so rewarding regarding gameplay. tho I echo the sentiments above. The normal rewards and weeklies are super useful early on, but honestly after reaching nomad they're pretty much redundant.

Half a stack of sand or even bamboo or cocoa for the weekly or a bit of parity with trees would be awesome, tho I can see how that kinda breaks the spirit of skyblock. still, recieving saplings in mid-late game is super discouraging.

Lilliaceae
Guardian

5 topics
13 posts

by Lilliaceae » over 2 years ago

Hey Mars_Bryant, 

We understand that the vote rewards can currently feel un-impressive. We would love it if you guys came up with a list of ideas for us to implement into the vote rewards!

Some of these ideas are great! :) 

~Lilliaceae and WilderSky Task Force

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account