Switchable Tools

BlackSmith2002
Guardian

14 topics
17 posts

by BlackSmith2002 » over 2 years ago

So I am thinking of something like a "Switchable Shovel" or a "ChopnChange Axe"/"Chop&Change Axe". We all know the trouble of picking between silk touch and fortune on our tools. It's good to have silk touch when we want the block (i.e. gravel or melon (not melon slices)) but it's nice to have fortune when we want lots of materials (i.e. getting 100% flint or mushrooms (from mushoom blocks)).

I am suggesting a tool/tools which could be used for both situations and we all know of the "Zeus Sword" which can be right clicked to enable lighting. What if we could have a shovel or/and axe which, when right clicked, converts between silk touch and fortune. This would be an awesome addition because having to make multiple shovels and multiple axes for different reasons is just frustrating.

Yes, I know that you can just not put silk touch or fortune on a tool and then use that tool for anything but having silk touch and fortune always comes in useful in different circumstances. Imagine mining and not having to switch between your pickaxes when you find diamonds, how awesome would that be?

To control the overpowered aspect of having something which is technically two tools in one, possibly have a cool down on how quickly you can shift between the two enchants, for example a minute cooldown. A different control could be needing xp to swap between the two, just like the "phantom juice" does, I was thinking of xp because you need that to enchant a tool in the first place.

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks. 😄

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account