Make all wildertools unbreakable or specify they can break.

Spacedout2001
Dryad

13 topics
14 posts

by Spacedout2001 » over 2 years ago

ive seen where others and I have lost a wilderspade due to it being breakable, My friend  (Like many others i am assuming) Lost our spade after mining and thinking it was unbreakable, it seems a bit unfair to have one wildertool ( wilderpick) be unbreakable and then allow others to break, especially when they start out at wood. when they break after no warnings, players are left confused and saddened realizing they just donated and or bought a tool in a shop for it to break. if they cannot be unbreakable i suggest adding clear signs that certain wildertools are breakable so it doesnt cause confusion. thanks (:

diamond.png x 2

RE: Make all wildertools unbreakable or specify they can break.

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 2 years ago

Personally I think they should all just be breakable like the normal mechanic. You can't get it replaced if you lose it. You can't get the levels back. Everything else points to it being a normal tool with some added enchantments and maybe some drops. Nothing suggests it should be more permanent than any other tool.

But I can at least agree that there should be some clarity and consistency for it. 

RE: Make all wildertools unbreakable or specify they can break.

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » over 2 years ago

There's very little given to players regarding how we can expect these tools to work. There's no "prevent breaking" description or custom enchant that would say this would behave differently than a WilderPick. And several players have raised the same issue, yet there's been no wider statement to address it or add clarity. It's irresponsible to allow users to continue to buy these and then when they use them in a way that isn't crazy to expect given the precidence, leave them out in the cold.

I'm honestly fine with it either way (breaking/not breaking), like Bowman, but it needs to be clear, and honestly? Once there's some clairity, I think people that asked about one breaking should be given one as a sign of good faith. 

Last edited: over 2 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account