Build-In-A-Box

capndiln
Guardian

40 topics
59 posts

by capndiln » over 2 years ago

My idea is for a special item, maybe from a new crate separate from wildercrate or coin shop, maybe just put in both of those. 

This item would be some placeholder item that when "used" on a spot generates a specified build in the area.

In theory there could be several builds to choose from like special houses, structures, nature scenes, and so forth. This item would require the user have a flat space cleared and all of the build materials in their inventory. On use it would consume the items from their inventory and create the build in the empty space (maybe specify the click spot as front left corner or something?)

I know a lot of people like to build and make things but theres also a lot of people that would love a really neat addition to their base that doesn't require expert building skills.

RE: Build-In-A-Box

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 2 years ago

I kinda like this idea. It's like the ancient trees, but for buildings. 

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » over 2 years ago

Red has spoken about this in the past, I believe when demonstrating the Beacon-in-a-Box last season. Had some interest then too. I think it's a neat idea, but wonder how it would enhance gameplay.

capndiln
Guardian

40 topics
59 posts

by capndiln » over 2 years ago

Perhaps the enhancement to gameplay would be that these builds might be themed to a specific purpose. Maybe a mining base that when constructed includes some nice storage, furnaces, anvils, and that sort of stuff. An enchanting hut that'll be furnished with bookshelves (maybe even some fancy Redstone for adjusting enchant levels) some grindstone and a cool theme. Could also have a brewing hut with some brewing stands, cauldron, and more theming.  These builds could be assembled somewhere at spawn as a little village or something so you can see each one

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account