Join 10 players online!

[Skyblock] Ideas on skyblock.

Vhista
Fairy

6 topics
15 posts

by Vhista » over 2 years ago

Hello everyone reading,

Today I'm going to talk about some items that may improve or help improve gameplay, I'll also be talking about some improvements that may improve the server's lore.

Firstly let's talk about some items that could be added to the sky crate (or able to be purchased with wilder coins, as the survival servers have)

or the coin shop

Phoenix feather:

this item can be handy and can be both in the sky crate and in the coin shop, with the coin shop variant only having one use whilst the sky crate version has multiple uses.

what does this item do?

Well, pretty much what it says above it saves you from the void as long as you have it within your inventory. It'll teleport you back to your island spawn and as such, it'll use a charge and once it reaches 0 it'll be destroyed.

how will this help?

This can help late-game players that are working on making their island attractive and give them the ease of mind that they're safe moving items and destroying floors.

Silkier Pickaxe (not a good name):

what does this item do?

Again like the picture above explains it allows you to obtain the unobtainable, this pickaxe (or item) will have a one-use ability to be used on those items.

how will this help?

This item will help players working on areas that have spawners (like the nether) and they can design and work on decorating without worrying that they'll destroy the spawner they need.

how would we obtain this?

I honestly think this should be a coin shop item, the price needs to be discussed and assessed with staff and SBTF to work out a fair and obtainable price on this item. 

The reason I think this should be a coin shop item is that it'll kinda be unfair to ask for a monetary value when sometimes it's a nessasary item when your working on decorating your nether island.

for now, these are the items I think will help players on the server.

let's talk about game-play and other areas of the server.

To level up your island you can use nature blocks but it's more efficient to make an iron golem farm or a witch farm to make iron/Redstone blocks to increase your island level. 

This is normally the case on normal skyblock servers but when the server is aimed around the wildercraft theme of nature this seems out of place if I remember correctly the current lore of the skyblock server is to rebuild the world and fill it with life again. if this is the case why is it more efficient just to level islands with iron/Redstone/Diamond blocks doesn't this go against the lore of the server?

again I'll talk about the ability to freely teleport to player's islands without a cost of either items or coins.

Currently, there is no risk for rewards.

What I mean about that is there is no cost for me to teleport to another high-level players base and use their facilities to increase my progress on my island and example of this is one that recently I did myself (I'm not stopping community trading or giving it's just sometimes players that obtain decent items early on make them more likely to leave the server) I teleported to Yacob1s island and could buy max level tools, food, and items for challenges for either free or the cost of 1 stick this then gave me the ability to mine, kill and fish for items that would've taken me some time to obtain or not be at the level to obtain. If for example, the teleport cost me 20-50 coins I might've re-evaluated the trip as it's more than I currently had in my wallet or it would've made me travel to spawn and look at shops there.

that's all I have to say at the moment and I will post in the future about new ideas and more feedback when it comes to me.

hopefully, everything is easy to understand and I don't sound like a ranting lunatic.

Best wishes,

- Vhista

Last edited: over 2 years ago diamond.png x 1

RE: [Skyblock] Ideas on skyblock.

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 2 years ago

Great post Vhista, Jackee and Skyblock team will review this at the next weekly meeting and discuss next steps and keep you posted on here.

diamond.png x 1

RE: [Skyblock] Ideas on skyblock.

Jackee2
Wild

9 topics
23 posts

by Jackee2 » over 2 years ago

Hey Vhista such wonderful ideas. The Team is still discussing some of these but I can tell you that we have already made changes to the block values for season 2 that will reflect our nature theme more. This is something we decided early in season 1 and so glad to hear that you felt the same way about it. Great minds think alike!

We will keep you posted on what is happening as we continue to work on things. Thank you so much for sharing and hope you do share more wonderful ideas in the future.

The Skyblock Task Force

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account