Wilderaxe Changes

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 3 years ago

Before the next season starts, I'd like to suggest some changes to certain a wildertool. Namely, the WilderAxe. 

WilderAxe: Change it so that it can reach a higher efficiency level, just like the Wilderpick. I've gotten the wilderaxe ingame before, so I've had experience with it, and I must admit that I was rather dissapointed by it. I don't know if it was intended to only be for tree harvesting, but I feel like it's a shame to limit a custom axe item to just that. By allowing the Wilderaxe to attain a higher efficiency level, players would be able to use it more universally, and it would be extremely helpful for cases like when players like myself are building with wood as a primary material. I believe a lot of players would enjoy this change, since right now I seriously think that it's too limited as it currently is. 

Last edited: over 3 years ago

RE: Wilderaxe Changes

GoldenFlame_
Fairy

6 topics
33 posts

by GoldenFlame_ » over 3 years ago

Hey Hero, I'm a Community Team Member. We discussed this idea in our last meeting we feel that the Wilderaxe should be kept different from the way the wilderpick works, and so if it did level up maybe have it destroy more blocks than 2 when it's leveled or something similar. So it can be used for different uses such as building we'll try to make it so it can be toggled. But i do believe the wilderaxe is mainly focused as making it easier to chop down trees. If you have any more comments or suggestions on what could be done please let us know.

Thanks For The Feedback - GoldenFlame

💜Community Team

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 3 years ago

I'm open to the idea of more Wilder Tools that involve a leveling mechanic so they can be improved over time, between a small range.

WilderPick is pretty specific, so it's doubtful we'll copy that same 20 level setup for other tools, but perhaps some smaller level 1-3 or something to allow for a smaller range that can be improved over time.

xHero if you have some more specific ideas please pitch them!

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 3 years ago

Golden, making it so the WilderAxe is toggleble doesn't truly add anything to it. "So it can be used for different uses such as building" If I wanted an axe for that, I could easily just carry a normal axe around with me. There's no point in making the Wilderaxe toggleble so it becomes a normal axe. The WilderAxe would also have to be a max level one for players to even find it worth toggling, since- like I said in Blockbreaker's thread- not all Wildertools come with max enchantments.

The WilderAxe's focus should NOT be only for cutting down trees. I don't know what you think the percentage is, but a majority of players do not make tree farms or require cutting down forests more than once. Not to mention, once shops start selling stacks of wood, for just a diamond each, the Wilderaxe's function of just cutting down trees becomes redundent and pointless- except for maybe the few who use it to supply their shops with wood. That would be largely pointless again though, having the axe only be useful to a select few players. 

Red, I think that's a great idea. Pickaxes are overall a much more used and valued tool anyway, so it's only reasonable that other Wildertools would have a smaller levelling system, if they were given it.

Also, I think it would be reasonable if it required far less time to level it, as an axe has a lot less monetary value when compared to the Wilderpick. It simply wouldn't be worth it to spend around 40 hours total levelling an axe compared to levelling a pickaxe (yes, I believe it takes around 40 hours of total mining time to level up a WilderPick to max level). You should also remember that for the WilderPick, it's possible to make generators that allow players to mine in the shortest time possible, but there's no such generator setup for an axe. So the total mining time for an axe would actually be quite a bit longer than the pick- since players would need to grow trees or place blocks on their own to chop down and add to their levelling count.

Last edited: over 2 years ago

NVGSimGuy
Guardian

5 topics
14 posts

by NVGSimGuy » over 3 years ago

I used to play heavily on IDMC's server when it was running and there was an ability to chop down a full tree in a single blow and replant a sapling if you hit the bottom block of the tree. If you hit one above it just took down that block and any above it so you could actually clear some land for other purposes. I found that axe very useful and used it often. Here I carry a fully maxed netherite axe with smite V and silk touch and it is multipurpose enough to always carry. In my ender chest I carry a diamond axe with fortune 3 for other tasks and have only used my Wilderaxe a few times. I'm too worried that I'm going to wear it out while using it and lose it like I have other Wilder tools so I don't use it. Until the Wilder forge is working all Wilder tools that don't level up should be max level when we get them otherwise they are just novelties for some collectors.

With that said I would like to add that this is the best server I have ever played on and I have played on a lot of them and that includes my own server which was fun too but it was only vanilla with some cool datapacks. 

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account