Ruby Feedback!

cestmonprobleme
Colossal

3 topics
4 posts

by cestmonprobleme » over 3 years ago

Hi so I love ruby and have a grand time playing every week; here are some things I think could improve or add to the fight!

• Make it more clear to see how much damage you're dealing throughout the fight. This could be similar to how every 5 or so rooms in a dungeon run you see how much damage everyone is doing, or a constant pop up on the right side of your screen. This will make it easier for people to see how well they're doing and help people improve. Additionally, we could add a top-five throughout the fight, however, if ruby is not meant to be that competitive I understand.

• Be a bit more transparent with some of the math behind damage. Sometimes I feel like I'm just hacking away at skeletons until the bar at the top gets empty. I know a lot of the HP with the dragon is decided by how many people participate, however adding numeral values to that ominous bar can help players see their progress better. Adding info about how the math works (including ruby skeleton health and how much damage they deal to the dragon overall and how much the eggs really change the fight) to the /rubydragon command can make players feel a bit more concrete with their progress. This can also help players point out any mistakes in the math in case something goes wrong.

• I know this is a small one, but: don't give the message "you can't break blocks yada yada" after players break treasure blocks or netherwart blocks. My chat gets absolutely spammed during the fight, so limiting the amount of text after we do things can help with that. It's also a bit ironic since we're supposed to break those blocks but it's telling us not to at the same time.

• Ruby books: Add a ranking for damage; if this is too competitive I understand. Add stats of the net damage the player has done in every ruby fight they've participated in (also the number of eggs they open).

• Add more aesthetic prizes. Sometimes, we just want to flex. So far, the only things we have to say "hey I did a ruby fight and did good" are the books and the armor pieces. Adding a special ruby head adds a placable trophy to convey this. This can be awarded in many ways, including top damage, above a certain percentage of overall damage, or as a milestone for dealing a certain amount of net damage throughout your ruby fights (I don't know the math with this one, so whichever one works best). The head can also complete the set of ruby armor. For the boots, this could be awarded to someone who opens eggs, whether that be when someone opens all four eggs by themselves, or when all the eggs are opened the pool of people who open them roll for the special boots. (The head and boots do not need any special buffs; they're purely aesthetic). 

• Add a reward that isn't chance-based. Sometimes it's a bit disheartening to do really good in a fight and have fun but not get anything purely because of luck! This ties into a lot of my suggestions, but adding a goal someone can reach to get a reward that isn't luck-based can breathe some more spirit into players about Ruby. The reward does not have to be The Best, just something players can get after they make progress to show that they made progress (this ties heavily into the last one ik lol).

That's about it for now. Of course, I understand the limitations of coding and our plugins, and if something is not possible thats fine. If any of my suggestions are also too competitive I understand too. Personally Ruby is a chance to show off, have fun, and beat that smelly dragon. If the community wants ruby to be a more community-based event, then these suggestions don't make much sense.

Overall, adding more ways for players to interact with and understand Ruby can make the fight more enjoyable and more satisfying when you finally get that key or open all four eggs :)

creeper-head.png x 1 | diamond.png x 2

RE: Ruby Feedback!

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 3 years ago

Great feedback cestmonprobleme! I'm working on incorporating your ideas into the next update!

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account