play.wildercraft.net

Join 11 players online!

Cross-Season Accolades - Player Profiles

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 3 years ago

Once the season is over, everything gets wiped. Besides ranks/votes, nothing carries over. This can lead to a bit of a lull at the end of a season, because there isn't a reason to carry over to the next. 

I would like to propose that we change that. Have SOMETHING carry over. Now before people get upset thinking of all the "let us take 1 shulker" or "we get to bring 1 wilder item" ideas, I'm not asking about bringing over anything physical that affects the game. I'm asking that we bring over stats and titles. 

We have leaderboards and statistics. We have build competitions and fishing events. It would be cool to see those across multiple seasons and for it to be something a little more permanent. Since we already have ways to track players with their ID's for purposes like warnings and bans, perhaps we can have a more public facing "player lookup" where you can see a player's achievements across seasons. 

So for a few examples: For Wilderfish each year, you can win an accolade. First place has an Enchanted Tropical fish that states they were first place. Top 10 have an enchanted Salmon. Top 100 an enchanted Cod. 
This provides zero benefit to the player ingame, but gives a reminder of what happened before. Do this as well for each leaderboard (perhaps Top 3 and Top 10 for each category) at the end of the season as well. Maybe have a final "best build" competition with a few categories that have an accolade at year end. 

it gives players something to do near the end, and a slightly longer lasting impact without tarnishing the Wildercraft Spirit. 

to recap as a TLDR:

Create a Player Profile command. Have it show items to represent things the player has accomplished over the seasons. 

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 1

RE: Cross-Season Accolades - Player Profiles

BlackSmith2002
Guardian

14 topics
17 posts

by BlackSmith2002 » over 3 years ago

There is a problem of leaderboards having perm banned players on them so I don't know how that would work with bring data over. Other than that, it seems like a cool idea.

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 3 years ago

We may have to do a little bit of data cleansing or other things, but it realistically only needs to happen at the end of a season. Hopefully that doesn't involve a lot of effort, mainly just a SQL "JOIN" with a "WHERE player.IsBanned = 0" or something. 

I imagine staff will be thrilled to have MORE stuff to do on season end... but I think it'll help with players wanting to continue playing towards the end of a season and smoothing the overall playtime.

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 3 years ago

Great ideas here Bowman, I have wanted this for a while, and the ladder stats are kept in the database each season so I can access previous ladders for stats purposes. I'll look deeper into how I can integrate this in-game vs just on the website.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account