Idea for a Wilder Utility object: "The WilderBed"

Ambiguous_Scarab
Elder

2 topics
2 posts

by Ambiguous_Scarab » over 3 years ago

Yknow, it dawned upon me that we never really had a item like this,

but hear me out! I have a idea that might just work!

"The WilderBed"

The Wilderbed would have some key features, such as being only able to be placed once, and never moved unless you wish to remove its special qualities. When placed down, it'll be your new spawn point until you use another bed. Some key things to note:

-The bed will give you a Strength I buff, alongside a Speed II and Night Vision buff when activated, for a total of 10 minutes. This benefit has a cooldown of 4 hours before being able to be used again, after which it's only a regular bed until the cooldown ends.

-When and if you die while having it active as a respawn point or having the effects on, you will spawn back at the bed as normal. However, you will have Blindness for 3 minutes, and Slowness II, essentially making it seem like a nightmare.  A bucket of milk is advised to put in a chest next to it, for emergency.

-After dying so much with it as the active bed, it will randomly teleport somewhere in the area you have placed it at, similar with your interaction with the Ender Dragon egg. You would still spawn at the original location, however dying after that without setting another active bed would not allow you to spawn back there.

-For those who are wondering, it DOES still function like a regular bed, and the effects do not go away if you sleep in another bed.

-Final note, the bed is purple.

Thanks for reading, I'd really hope this gets approved, i got the idea while sleeping irl.

Take care!~

Last edited: over 3 years ago

RE: Idea for a Wilder Utility object: "The WilderBed"

globdom
SrAdmin
SrAdmin

16 topics
54 posts

by globdom » over 3 years ago

Hey Ambiguous,

Thank you for taking the time to post this idea! We look forward to reviewing it at the next Community Team Meeting - We will of course get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Community Team

RE: Idea for a Wilder Utility object: "The WilderBed"

BlockBreaker53
Elder

11 topics
34 posts

by BlockBreaker53 » over 3 years ago

Hey Ambiguous!

Sorry for the late response. We reviewed this idea in a previous meeting, and came to the conclusion that while it sounds really interesting, it's more of a quality-of-life item, and we feel that the focus should be on certain other suggestions. That being said, we will keep this idea in mind in the future!

Best wishes,

Community Team

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account