Idea for a WilderItem: "The Ender Shulker Box"

MHe_6bI_Do3bI
Elder

2 topics
3 posts

by MHe_6bI_Do3bI » over 3 years ago

I got an idea for new super rare WilderItem.

"The Ender Shulker Box"  (Further it text it will be called ESB)

It will bond regular shulker boxes with itslef, making a "cloud" inventory with shulkers like an enderchest.

A little video demonstration of it. (Just layout, not working prototype.)

So, it will work like that:

1.  You will need an ESB and a regular shulker box, as i mentioned. You need to put a regular shulker box somewhere on the ground and right click on it with ESB. After, there will be some Enderman particles and you will recieve a next message in chat: "You have succesfully bonded a "colour" Shulker Box! You have "8-1" free slots to bond".  Maximum amount of bonds will be 9. Also, to succesfully bond a box, it will need to be openable. If its not, and you will try to bond, you will recieve the next message: " This shulker box can not be bonded, because its not openable.". If you will try to bond 10th shulker box you will recieve next message "You cannot bond more than nine shulker boxes." You will be able to unbond a shulker box by simply breaking it from its place.

2. Once you have your boxes bonded, you can put the ESB on the ground and open it. You will see the inventory like on a picture 1.

Picture 1. EBS menu.

There you can either click on box with left mouse button to change its name (Pictures 2-4) or open it with right mouse button. (Picture 5.)

Picture 2 - Netherite Stash.

Picture 3 - Blue (dabu dee) Box

Picture 4 - Break in case of emergency mushroom soup lack.

Picture 5 - Soup Shulker opened.

3. Also, there could be a few ways to balance this. For example, make a 3-5 min cooldown for opening a certain bonded shulker box. That will make a player to intellegntly manage their shulker resources and not open them for take/put just one block of stuff; and/or if a player dies with it in inventory, there will be a penalty of losing all items from the last box he opened (for example) so that will make player play more carefully.

So thats it. Hope you enjoyed reading this. Also, in case of it being approved, i can provide the custom textures i made for it.

Have a nice day! 

Last edited: over 3 years ago

RE: Idea for a WilderItem: "The Ender Shulker Box"

Buffaz
Ancient

14 topics
35 posts

by Buffaz » over 3 years ago

I think this idea is pretty nice, I just don't quite understand the usefulness. You can fill your whole ender chest up with shulkers, color coded, named, etc, and basically does the same thing as the "ESB". The only extra thing with an ESB is that you wouldn't have to take the shulker out and place it (and taking it out and placing doesn't take that long) , but you would only get a certain amount of shulker slots in the ESB anyways. Maybe I am not quite understanding the idea completely (and if I'm not be sure to correct me) , but I feel like an ender chest basically does the same thing if not better, and having this as a super rare item with about the same level as a craftable item doesn't feel necessary. 

Don't get me wrong, I think this idea is pretty interesting, but with the way it functions it just doesn't fit in.

Buffaz ❤️

MHe_6bI_Do3bI
Elder

2 topics
3 posts

by MHe_6bI_Do3bI » over 3 years ago

Well, I made it with those restrictions, because I and a few of my friends thought that it would be too op with infinite bondable boxes pages. But now, as I said, I see that its not competitive to an Ender chest.

So there's a new stats for it:

1. It will still work as I said, but there will be multiple pages and no limit to bondable boxes. (I will redo the menu later. But my idea is to make the most left and right black glass panel clickable, so it will move you to the next/previous page). 

2. There will be no death penalty and cooldown, but the bonded boxes still gonna be placed somewhere and be openable to bond as a trade-off. 

I will update the first post with new info, as it approved. 

If you will have any suggestions about the stats, feel free to post it. Also, what do you think about the texture i made? 

Buffaz
Ancient

14 topics
35 posts

by Buffaz » over 3 years ago

Hmm, that would make it more functional for a rare item, maybe not 'infinite' pages, like 2/3 maximum. Think the texture you make looks pretty nice :)

ML_Paladin
Ancient
Ancient

13 topics
40 posts

by ML_Paladin » over 3 years ago

Hi MHe, 

We appreciate the idea's and have added this one for consideration as a future possibility. 

Community team

No_L1fe_360
Sapling

16 topics
44 posts

by No_L1fe_360 » over 3 years ago

How about when you open up the e-chest, it opens like a doublechest. 

No_L1fe_360
Sapling

16 topics
44 posts

by No_L1fe_360 » over 3 years ago

How about when you open up the e-chest, it opens like a doublechest. 

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account