Mining cap

Tristan_James
Wild

16 topics
22 posts

by Tristan_James » over 3 years ago

Hello! my idea to present to you is a helmet that emmits light 3 blocks in each direction when wearing (with a trade off!)

This item is basically just a helmet that can either be a grey dyed leather helmet or a light grey dyed helmet, the helmet is fueled by coal and requires 1 coal per 10 blocks walked so it doesnt just eat all your coal while stood still or AFK. This item i belive can be very useful to those who like to mine or just have light when its night and want to avoid falling off a ravine or a cliff and general it adds something new to the way we play minecraft (mainly mining) this then can make mining more fun and also help with not needing to make tones of torches when you need to go mining .

Thank you for your time.

-Tristan

RE: Mining cap

oogadabooga
Guardian

17 topics
19 posts

by oogadabooga » over 3 years ago

The ideas is cool, I do think that minecraft does need a mining helmet of some sort. The issue I see though is,  players may prefer to use or continue to use optifine and hold a torch in their off hand, as it would provide more light and is a much cheaper option, in terms of spending coal, making the helmet not very beneficial.

just some food for thought. 

diamond.png x 1

sugarflop
Ancient

6 topics
28 posts

by sugarflop » over 3 years ago

Dear Tristan,

Thank you for taking the time to present this idea. Like all ideas a suggestions Community Team will review your idea at our next meeting. We shall get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Community Team

Pickole
Guardian

7 topics
19 posts

by Pickole » over 3 years ago

I aggree with ooga on how players will just use torches. But its still a rlly cool idea and i wud love to have it ngl. Maybe it gives u night vision instead of light to make a benefit to having it over a torch! Also its much easier to make it give u night vision rather than making light cuz that can be rlly laggy lighting updates can cause severe frame drops optifine does a good job tho with dynamic lighting!

Pickole
Guardian

7 topics
19 posts

by Pickole » over 3 years ago

I aggree with ooga on how players will just use torches. But its still a rlly cool idea and i wud love to have it ngl. Maybe it gives u night vision instead of light to make a benefit to having it over a torch! Also its much easier to make it give u night vision rather than making light cuz that can be rlly laggy lighting updates can cause severe frame drops optifine does a good job tho with dynamic lighting!

ML_Paladin
Ancient
Ancient

13 topics
40 posts

by ML_Paladin » over 3 years ago

Hi Tristan,

We like the idea and have added this to our list of considerations hopefully we may see this or similar in game in due time.

Community team

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account