Bug Fix on Ruby Island

oSalts
Sapling

12 topics
17 posts

by oSalts » over 3 years ago

Today on Ruby Island, we took on the dragon and there was a lot of deaths. It would have been fine if the unlock drops wasn't working. Everyone was having issues, and people who hadn't done /unlockdrops were getting their stuff taken. I asked if we could get a rollback because of this issue, but was told that we had been informed that deaths and item loss could be a thing. This was a completely unsatisfactory answer because of the simple fact of the bug resulting in the item loss, not other factors. It would've taken hours just to sift through everyone in the fight for missing items.

My suggestion is that the gamerule Keep Inventory is put on for Ruby Island, at least until this bug is fixed, just so no one picks up other people's items and everyone can quickly get to them.

If this would not be possible because of the simple issue of keeping it as true to Vanilla Minecraft as possible, I will accept that.

RE: Bug Fix on Ruby Island

sugarflop
Ancient

6 topics
28 posts

by sugarflop » over 3 years ago

Hello Saltzz,

Thank you for your detailed feedback! We look forward to reviewing this at the next Community Team Meeting. Once a desicions has been made we will update you here on this thread. 

Kind Regards,

Community Team 

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » over 3 years ago

For tracking, Sugar made a bug post, and I did some testing and guessing, here: https://wildercraft.net/forum/topic/1182-ruby-dragon-player-drops-and-dragon-despawn/

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 3 years ago

Thanks Tolcum, Sugar, Saltzz and friends for helping submit bug reports on Ruby.

There are two bugs are work here, after a lava event the island doesn't properly reset. And after using the manual reset command, there's a 10% chance it doesn't work randomly and when creating the new end it doesn't update the internal link, so holograms, mobs, bossbar, and other things get all messed up and basically the whole server needs to be restarted and reset manually.

I'm working on a fix. Thanks for your patience. Again, most times it works okay, so this is very frustrating for you and me both!

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account