Off-Topic channel

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 3 years ago
Id like to discuss things outside of Wildercraft and about other servers but I don't want to get banned for it, so here is my suggestion.

Create an Off-Topic channel in the discord, a place where we can actually talk about other channels, servers, and whatnot and even make suggestions about things, servers, and places that we like.

I tried to reach out for a place to talk about this and I got a bad response, so, why not create a place where we can talk about these sorts of things?

RE: Off-Topic channel

Coral_Papa
Owner

3 topics
20 posts

by Coral_Papa » over 3 years ago

Hey MrTrixer, 
Lounge is an Off-Topic channel as pointed out by daisy in the screenshot.
Even with the channel being Off-Topic we still do not allow advertising in-game or on the discord channels.
You are free to talk about things you like as long as you abide by that rule.

I don't see daisy's response "a bad response".
she let you know what channel would best work for Off-Topic subjects
since you mentioned other servers she reminded you of the Advertising rule.

Is there a certain part of the screenshot that you are referring to as a "bad response"?

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

The rules, it's not like we can ask for different servers in the Longue since an answer can be seen as an advertisement.

That is why I would like to have an off-topic channel to avoid having any conversationalists banned.

Last edited: over 3 years ago

Richy_ZS
Ancient

14 topics
46 posts

by Richy_ZS » over 3 years ago
Little confused here as to why you want to come onto Wildercrafts discord to discuss other servers..?

Also we don't ban people for having conversations, so long as they remain civil and follow the rules.

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

Well, talking about other servers can be considered a breach of rules in this case. And if there are other servers like Wildercraft out there or if there is someone with similar taste as yourself that knows of a great server then, of course, I would want to know about it.

Things have been a little toxic in the community lately (both among staff members as well as players) so having a break and see how it goes, later on, wouldn't be such a bad idea in my opinion.

Besides, even if we don't get banned there has been quite a lot of incidents where a certain mod has come in on conversations and just straight out deleted the messages from the channel for various reasons, it will be kind of hard to have a proper conversation if some key dialogues are missing don't you think?

Richy_ZS
Ancient

14 topics
46 posts

by Richy_ZS » over 3 years ago
1 This is Wildercraft, we're here to promote Wildercraft. We're not here to act as a platform for advertising other servers. This is like walking into a fast food outlet and asking if you can put up signs for another one across the road.

2 Aside from an incident on Elm recently, I'd consider things to be pretty good atm. Not sure where this idea of things being toxic is coming from.

3 As I said we allow conversations that remain civil and follow the rules, we're not a no holds barred discuss anything you want, even if its illegal platform. We do have to maintain a certain standard.

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

We are not here to promote anything, and yes, on the surface this ain't so toxic to you, but I've had quite some dm's from both staff and players lately that makes me wanna go away for a bit.

And talking about similar servers to Wildercraft can hardly be seen as a promotion campaign for other servers exactly...

Last edited: over 3 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account