Secretary/Reporter Staff

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 3 years ago
If you think it's that important for players to read up the information themselves then why not have one person in the staff be responsible for writing a weekly announcement of the different POI information and actually collect the multiple threads and information all over the place into one single announcement?

I don't know where you got your information from this time around but I didn't see it, and neither did the people working under *** here either.

I know that you're all pretty busy but I doubt that so many helpers and mods are so overworked that not even a single one of them could take their time and write these things down as a secretary and do a quick summary for the rest of the players in this community.

(Compared to season 7 there are a LOT of new purple names in the chat and Poffy even turned the application off for new staff members during these busy times since you are now overpopulated in the staff area.)

This was one of my replies to one of my conversations with a staff member about the latest incident in the Elm server that made many players leave the server due to a massive miscommunication, and afterward, I thought, why not make a suggestion about it?

My Suggestion
You guys have a lot of people in the staff team now and there is information all over the place in the discord that most people think that everyone already knows (we don't), so why not have a person in the staff team sitting with you in your private groups noting things down as a secretary and then makes a POI (Points of Interests) post in the Announcement tab of the discord channel once a week or so.
(If it is urgent then Red, Poffy or someone else could post it themselves immediately instead)

That way, a lot more players will be kept up to date and incidents like the one at Elm's Netherhub project could be avoided in the future. Considering that the staff request has been closed I think that there are plenty enough people working on this server that at least one person could do this and help the rest of us players out.

I understand the different points of this subject and that we players have the responsibility of staying informed but not everyone wants to read through every single conversation and thread in both the discord and the forums to find the different pieces of information randomly dropped here and there to stay fully informed.

If it is that important to know everything being said then it is better to have it gathered properly in one single place. Having the reports and important comments getting gathered in a single Announcement would make it easier, if the post is over 2000 letters it will even automatically get turned into a txt-file that everyone can read like a newspaper for the Wildercraft server.

We lost a lot of heartbroken Elm-players thanks to this latest incident so this is my idea that might help prevent future events like this to ever happen again. :)

Last edited: over 3 years ago

RE: Secretary/Reporter Staff

Worzyy
Guardian

8 topics
44 posts

by Worzyy » over 3 years ago
Hi Trixer , thank you for the time and thought that you have put into this piece of feedback, its greatly appreciated. :) 

The staff team has gone through some changes recently with members taking on new and different roles, so apologies for the lack of transparency. 

I agree that we as staff should be as clear and transparent as possible. I have just become lead of the community team, and this is one of the aims that I share with you.
That said, if you- or anyone - is uncertain about something, then please feel free to ask :)
We have also implemented a new system that should help relay information to players - but due to the scale of the roles and responsibilities every now and then some information may slip through the cracks.
If you wish to discuss this further, my dms are open :) 
Thanks. 

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account