Bans should be reduced for the first offense.

KemonoChanLol
Mythic

2 topics
3 posts

by KemonoChanLol » over 3 years ago
Now I understand that a ban is a ban no matter what it's for, but I feel as though bans should be shortened, at least a little bit, for the first offense.

Here's an example, I was banned on July 12th for using xray. I didn't know what I was doing since I had never used any sort of cheat before this. I was banned for 60 days for the offense with barely any time to really understand that I was being banned for that long.
Maybe instead of having a 60 day ban, since that was the first offense, it could've been a 45 day ban.

I'm not saying that I should be completely let off the hook for what I did, no, what I did was against the rules and I should be punished for it. I'm saying that since it was the first offense, it should, like in most situations irl that I've been in, be less as long of a ban. Especially if the one being banned, in this case me, has been following the rules and being an active player for a long time before this, as I have been playing since season 7 and have never broken any rules before my ban.

RE: Bans should be reduced for the first offense.

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 3 years ago
You're told to read /rules when first joining the server, and you're given a pop up stating that X-ray is bannable for 60d with no exceptions the first time you mine diamonds. 
Additionally, every offense has a duration for first, second, and third offenses. For X-ray, 60d IS the shortened ban duration for first offense. A second offense X-ray is a perma-ban

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 1

RE: Bans should be reduced for the first offense.

KemonoChanLol
Mythic

2 topics
3 posts

by KemonoChanLol » over 3 years ago
Awkwardbowman, I did not know this, thanks for pointing this out and I'll leave it alone from now on.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account