Turn bed explosions back on

Paladinscurse
Sapling

7 topics
10 posts

by Paladinscurse » over 3 years ago
When you place a bed down in the end/nether, and try to sleep in it, it generally explodes. There is currently a setting on wilder craft that instantly kill the player upon trying to sleep in a bed in the end/nether. The reason this setting is turnoen on is to keep people from griefing in the nether. (Or at least that's what I have been told). I am suggesting we turn bed explosions back on because it is the best and most effective way to gather netherite, and it seems unfair to have a entire mechanic changed without telling anyone. (I say that because there is no warnings about insta kill beds). A simple solution to the problem of griefing in the nether would be, relying more on the roll back system, relying on general players kindness, or simply lowering the requirements to claim in the nether. if it's found to be absolutely necessary that they don't explode, simply give us a message that beds won't explode in the nether when you try and sleep on one.

diamond.png x 4

RE: Turn bed explosions back on

capndiln
Guardian

40 topics
59 posts

by capndiln » over 3 years ago
There was an issue in season 6 I believe where players would call a mod or helper to help them, or another player would come to see something. When you tp it turns out the player was in the end right next to a bed. They sleep instantly killing you. 

A better idea might be to apply the same use restrictions to beds that are currently applied to tnt, fire, lava, and stuff like that which can't be used within a certain radius of other players. The issue wasn't really griefing as much as pvp. 

diamond.png x 3

RE: Turn bed explosions back on

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » over 3 years ago
I like the idea of not being able to use it by a player, but wonder how hard that would be to impliment. If a quick check for what world you're in can be done, I see that as preferable to any solution. Barring that, I think bed explosions should just be allowed. Pranksters be darned; this is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 2

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account