WilderBeacon

JamboHD
Mythic

2 topics
2 posts

by JamboHD » over 3 years ago
A new function could be a beacon that prevents mobs from spawning in a certain radius. Might come in handy when building big projects:)

diamond.png x 1

RE: WilderBeacon

globdom
SrAdmin
SrAdmin

16 topics
54 posts

by globdom » over 3 years ago
I really like this idea! A simple tradeoff for having this ability could simply be that this beacon limits its available effects. For instance, the beacon would only offer access to 4 of the default effects (not including proposed WilderBeacon effect). Another way to impose a tradeoff would be that it ONLY offers this ability, therefore if an individual wanted to max out the beacons, they would have to build a pyramid to accomodate 4 beacons as opposed to 3 to get all the status effects; as a result, the player would have to dedicate more blocks/use up more resources to build this pyramid.

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 1

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 3 years ago
For a very powerful ability, i would suggest a very expensive cost. Perhaps only allow it to have JUST the wilderbeacon effect (as globdom mentioned) but require the cost to be much more than an iron ingot. Perhaps a Notch apple? Something that would make you think for a minute before you decide where you want to activate this.

diamond.png x 1

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » over 3 years ago
Because Gaples aren't obtainable through normal means, I think that cost is unreasonable, but like the idea. Someone else had the idea that a wilderbeacon could be equiped as kind of a backpack that consumes "fuel" (same things used to light a beacon, iron, gold, etc) and you got to take the status effects around with you.

I do like the idea of a beacon that blankets an area as non-spawnable for hostile mobs.

diamond.png x 1

Fox_Hermit
Guardian

6 topics
7 posts

by Fox_Hermit » over 3 years ago
What if when u place it with a full set of beacons it will increase the radius of those beacons effects?

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account