New prefix

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

by _Swagg_ » over 3 years ago
I had a cool idea to have a custom prefix infront of your name and rank. It reminds me of how you could put clan tags infront of your name on Call of Duty. 
So when you have a team or town you can share the same prefix, for example [Name Town] and have it like max 5 or 7 characters. Now people can regognize who is from a town and so its maybe easier for a new players to join a community.

How does this keep in lines of the Wildercraft theme? We already have the special "Treehugger" prefix so it wouldnt change much, and this is maybe a new way for ppl to show their own personality a bit more.

How hard is this to plug in to the game? 3/10 maybe, the harder part will be figuring out a command to let people set their prefix but i dont think it wouldnt be harder then the party chats we now have across the server.

RE: New prefix

gplayer5
Ancient

6 topics
43 posts

by gplayer5 » over 3 years ago
From what I've been told, custom prefixes are not allowed to prevent people from putting inappropriate or profane prefixes in their names. It's basically 1 less thing Mods and Helpers have to monitor.

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

@gplayer5 idk if it would make a difference since ppl know the rules, there is no big difference between an inaproriate name or custom prefix. Maybe have chat filter monitor this too?

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

by agentbbn » over 3 years ago
Just make it so only certainranks can do it. Like, pathfinder up.

GleymdurGrafinn
Ancient

3 topics
12 posts

by GleymdurGrafinn » over 3 years ago
1. I would set a stipulation like a minimum number of residents in the Town for that town to have a Prefix otherwise it would just make anyone with a friend or two make a Prefix. 
2. Making it so you have to be a certain rank in conjunction with the above would make it safer.
3. Have it a bannable offence to have a lewd and/or inappropriate Prefix.
4. Have the max characters 4-5. It's like the town I am in on Willow is Vierford which can easily be Ford, Vier, VFord, VierF etc lengthy names just add to the chat box clutter. 

Gleymdur

diamond.png x 1

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

Maybe make a feature so its like a party chat invite, so the mayor of that town can only invite ppl to get the prefix?

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account