Join 10 players online!

Remove Spawn Shops - Replace With Wilder Market

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

by MrMagooAZ » over 3 years ago

I have a radical suggestion for shops.

REMOVE THEM. Don't have individual shops.

Instead, create ONE marketplace...or one marketplace on each server that feeds into ONE Wilder Marketplace.

Allow players can put items up on the market for sale.  Ranks can have different numbers of listings for sale at any one time.  No chests to hold the items.  You bring an item/stack/shulker of something, create a sale listing for it, the item is taken from you and listed on the market for all to see.

One list for everyone to search through.
No 256 character limit on shop desc
You can pull an item off the market at any time
Items are listed in the order they are received (oldest listings for the same items are first)
Listings expire after x number of days

Could also be merged with an Auction functionality.  Or do an Auction House separately.  Some items lend themselves better to one format over another.

Players can search ONE market list, find the items they want, buy them, and go back to their base.

There are obviously more details that would need to be worked out.  

RE: Remove Spawn Shops - Replace With Wilder Market

VicePoultry
Mythic

10 topics
29 posts

by VicePoultry » over 3 years ago
I love this idea. I understand that many or even most people will probably disagree with it, in the interest of preserving tradition maybe, and i do like the current system and think that it can work. but with the rate of growth Wilder has had recently, at this rate building s9 spawn is going to be a full time job and then some. Do i think it should change now? no. but i don't think that the current system is terribly sustainable moving forward, and the best way to confront it before it's a huge issue as opposed to when there are 100 players without a shop plot. there have been so many idea posts regarding the shop system recently- it seems to imply many people agree that something needs to change.

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

by MrMagooAZ » over 3 years ago
I know that it does not specifically say this, but I was not suggesting that we remove all shops immediately.  Rather, we start working on the Market and add it and test it and get it going, with the idea that in S9 there would not be spawn shops.

But there is no reason that you could not do both.

ChukkTheDukk
Ancient

10 topics
31 posts

by ChukkTheDukk » over 3 years ago
I absolutely love this idea, I think it would be perfect for the massively increasing player count. I assume you would be able to put anything up for sale from any world right? This would basically omit spawn, which would also be cool because we could have like 6 different dungeonrun rooms, one for each server, and they could all look different. It allows for more creativity in that way, but less creativity via shops. A lot of players enjoy building their shops, because everybody gets to see it without having to tp to it, and the build serves a purpose too rather than just looking pretty. I, for one, spent around 7 straight hours planning my shop for season 8, and I loved every minute of it. Again, I love the idea of a simple marketplace, but I think it would be better to find some sort of median to shops - marketplace.

RARoadkill
Ancient

0 topics
1 posts

by RARoadkill » over 3 years ago
That is a interesting idea for sure. From a developer point of view that sounds like it would be quite the undertaking to put in place. I for one enjoy going around and looking at everyone's shops and finding the best deals on my own.

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 3 years ago
Make this a new thing entirely. Not a replacement for shops, but an addition to the system. 

diamond.png x 1

Mars_Bryant
Ancient

2 topics
6 posts

by Mars_Bryant » over 3 years ago
What about mix of the two approaches--create a listing of everything in the physical shops?

For example "64 Stone - 1 diamond - Mars_Bryant" You could then search the list to find what you want and the best deal, and then go to that physical shop. 

It seems like there's already some tracking going on with the shop system as is, so it might be easier to implement one master list that's made available online.

I really enjoy wandering the shop area, so I'm hesitant to want to switch fully over to a market, but it is getting to be too much. When I search for something there's sometimes 20+ results, and no way to know what the prices are or if it's in stock. 

diamond.png x 1

VicePoultry
Mythic

10 topics
29 posts

by VicePoultry » over 3 years ago
thats a good compromise @Mars , i would be fine with that

diamond.png x 1

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

by agentbbn » over 3 years ago
I just want to say, that one of the main reasons I joined wildercraft was for its traditional market style. I hated a menu for selling items, since you cant really advertise or show off some building skills. Ik that spawn is getting crowded, but I also think this isn't the best way to fix that. That's why I like mars' idea, and would like to see that.

GleymdurGrafinn
Ancient

3 topics
12 posts

by GleymdurGrafinn » over 3 years ago
Depending on the building styles having a centralized Market Place would be a great addition but saying that the varying builds are a great thing to see. At the moment the two areas are a bit far apart with Ancients and Mystics being away from the lower ranks which in my mind makes no sense. Splits the community feeling. 

My thought would probably be something like a market square with peoples shops surrounding a middle monument (which someone would design through a contest season from season?) And keep us all together instead of having it be away from each other as it is now. 

In regards to rank, perhaps have X chests available depending on Rank so people are not able to "sell it all" at any given time but have to choose what they sell and specialize in that area. One stop shop for X type of thing. 

Gleymdur

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account