Actual Anonymous Reporting and a New policy.

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 4 years ago
Yesterday me and a mod got off in a bad way and something that shouldn't even be considered a problem escalated into something far bigger and I got angry enough to report that person, I got a link and I saw Redbau's instructions and also a promise at the top saying that my post will only be visible for Redbau and no one else.

That is false.

Moments later when I made the report the mod in question started DM'ing me and I realized that I can't take this anymore.
I'm not gonna talk with that mod again unless I really have to, that person went too far in my opinion and I wanted to report them.

When a mod is being reported I think it is only appropriate if another admin or mod deals with the situation and try and mediate between the two, having the reported mod in question try and diffuse the problem when they don't think that they have done anything wrong just doesn't work.

So, in the future, make a place where one can report players and mods in a more private and anonymous way, please. Having a mod chase you down just because they don't want to get into trouble is not a good solution, I think that a new policy where an outside mod will deal with these kinds of situations is necessary and also a way to report the mod without that mod being able to read the report in question. (Cause that defeats the purpose in reporting the person in question don't you think?)

The links posted in here is not only visible for Redbau but for all the other staff members as well it seems, you have been warned.
https://wildercraft.net/forum/view/18-official-complaint-against-playerstaff/

Last edited: over 4 years ago diamond.png x 1

RE: Actual Anonymous Reporting and a New policy.

ZormaxOrion
Pathfinder

5 topics
15 posts

by ZormaxOrion » over 4 years ago
Agreed, I understand red is a busy man but still. Maybe have a specific mod that looks over the complaints, someone who isn't on that much maybe so there a bit more indifferent.

diamond.png x 1

Bluesnowflake
Elder
Colossal

19 topics
69 posts

by Bluesnowflake » over 4 years ago
Hey Mrtrixer, i can only apologise that everyone can see your staff complaint, its a bug with the forums we hope to resolve, if you have a complaint about staff you want handled in a private matter for now, i recommend dming me or __beck__ as we are the staff coordiantors and we can get these complaints properly looked into and try to resolve the issues, if you have a complaint that you want to go to red directly, i can only recommend you dm him directly for now, but he may take a while to respond as his dms are constantly flooded with messages and hes very busy keeping wildercraft awesome. we are currently looking into your complaint and i hope to reach out soon with an outcome that you find satisfactory :) 

diamond.png x 1 | creeper-head.png x 1

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

I have already given up on my own incident, the summary of the DM I was sent said "Sorry, but I'm just doing my job so stop arguing with me" in my eyes so I decided to just give up on that matter.

I'm glad to know that there are other people that I can DM instead though, ill send the DM I sent to Red to you later on.

But this topic isn't about me but us players as a whole, id love to have a new policy that demands that a 3rd neutral party takes care of the problem instead of the mod in question that is being reported.
Having a way to report them without everyone seeing the report would also be appreciated but I understand if that could be hard to fix, send my regards to Red and the other in the team.
I understand that he and many others in the staff is real busy preparing for Season 8 and I appreciate their efforts. :)

Last edited: over 4 years ago

topvesko
Lightfoot

5 topics
7 posts

by topvesko » over 4 years ago
I completely agree. I've been banned for using xray. To begin with that's not true. I have 3 people confirming it (enough evidence for a Minecraft server). Arguments against me are that I've gone around lava, looked at the ground, and..... trying to mine bedrock..... The helper I am having contact with blames me for 100000 percent I've cheated without any kind of logical proof or anything. The mod or helper I've been contacting has been blaming, making up stuff, talking total not competent lies. After a while when he realized that he is wrong he then blamed me that I have been verbally attacking him. Me and my friends refused to play on this server and we no longer want anything in common with the mods or the staff members.I wish all of you good luck. One more advice, don't waste your time.

creeper-head.png x 1

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » over 4 years ago
Oof, sorry, topvesko. I can say, personally, after months on WilderCraft, the mods here care. There may be one off incidents where things aren't handled as well as we'd like, but all the mods here are people, just like the players.

Disagreements can happen, and it's why there's a team of mods. If the mod was in the wrong, I'm sure it can be straightened out. I can confidently say, your advice not to waste your time is ill given here. Someone would be hard pressed to find a better place to play; give WilderCraft a chance, you won't be disappointed.

I forgot to comment on anonymously discussing a particular incident apart from the mod it happens with- That's where having Discord to directly contact a mod and knowing what do to or who to reach out to is super helpful. Most veteran players can and will recommend this already.

Last edited: over 4 years ago diamond.png x 1

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

@topvesko, I have already seen the post that explained why they banned you and also the solution they offered you in a different post, i cant say that i like having you spam your complaints in my suggestion here either.

My suggestion is about a problem between a player and a staff member and have nothing to do with unjust bans nor about xrays.

So please stop spamming your complaints in here and try and spread the hate like this, that is not ok.
MrTrixer

Last edited: over 4 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account