New wildertool: Wilder repellent (For those gosh darn phantoms!)

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

by agentbbn » over 4 years ago
So, as we all know, we all hate phantoms. I mean, they don't do much damage, but if you haven't slept for 2 seconds, a swarm comes at you and just annoys the crap out of you. Kicking you off of tall buildings, killing you while afk, hitting you off of tall buildings, punching you off of tall building, *cough cough* sorry. The point is, They are annoying. They hate you sooo much that they put all of their time into killing you. "But agentbbn, don't all monsters spend their time killing you?" Well, you see, there is one main difference. flying. They can do WHATEVER they want. Go in the sky, do the famous shriek before striking you done, and hit you oFF OF TALL BUILDINGS! Obviously, there is only one way to fix this. Make a new wilder item, and if you go on and say, "well cats can easily scare phantoms, isn't that a good idea?". Well, you see, cats are annoying, as well, and 2 annoyings don't make a-a, what is the opposite of annoying? Nevermind, the point is (again), a new wilder item could help. MAybe it could be enchanted magenta dye that when held in the offhand, scares away phantoms in a way cats do (but without all the loud hissing). This would really help and I would like some feedback of how this idea could be implemented and/or how this item should be buffed, nerfed, and how you like it. On a scale of 1-10 on how hard this would be to implement, I would give it a 4 out of 10, because the code for the scare mechanic is already there in the cats.

diamond.png x 1

RE: New wildertool: Wilder repellent (For those gosh darn phantoms!)

JustGabee
Colossal

6 topics
15 posts

by JustGabee » over 4 years ago
Agentbbn you bring up an excellent point! Phantoms are very annoying and this is magnified by the fact that nobody ever sleeps. I love your idea! Since it was brought to my attention that wilderwings are overpowered, an interesting alternative would be a different type of wilderwing where they actually repel phantoms or prevent them from spawning near you.  Let me know what you think!

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
I had proposed an idea of like this internally in staff that was a "cat helmet" that had a similar impact. The trade-off being that you would be wearing this helmet instead of something with actual protection, but that shouldn't matter if you're using it primarily to allow yourself to build in peace :)

Just to add another alternative. I like the idea in general and would support implementing it in one form or another.

diamond.png x 2

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

Yeah, the trade off I had was that you would have to replace your totem or whatever in your offhand with the repellent, and it isn’t too nerfed because it isn’t a huge impact. It just makes things a little more peaceful. Also, Gabe, the problem is that I could see that being a little buggy and finicky when flying past or towards phantoms. Also, doesn’t really provide a true trade off, and doesn’t have too, but trade offs really put the “wi (why)” in wildercraft. I can understand that you have already seen the wi already, though.

sugarflop
Ancient

6 topics
28 posts

by sugarflop » over 4 years ago
Oooo Agentbbn you truly are the saviour of my prayers 😂❤️ I love this so much! 
Building on what was discussed above maybe a Phantom Totem a dark Purple one that slowly decreases durability over time but is mended using like 3 stacks of phantom membrane ?

The pay off being loss of one hand during use of the "Phantom Totem" and having to collect the very item in which you are avoiding.  Mwahaha 👏🏼

diamond.png x 1

agentbbn
Elder

3 topics
31 posts

That sounds great! But maybe a little less phantom membrane XD. Maybe like, 16-32? And would the totem be in the ruby chest or wildercrate?

sugarflop
Ancient

6 topics
28 posts

by sugarflop » over 4 years ago
Mmm i considered only high due to some players having phantom towers to collect gungeon keys ect. And for me personally I could see it replacing one or two of the current crate items 😳

What werw you thinking?

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account